POISON IDEA

Keskustelua bändeistä ja muista musiikintekijöistä.

Moderators: Paul Di'Anneli, Vilja heilimöi, minä en, Bulizky

Il Duce Lee
Jääkenttien Kristian Arje

Re: POISON IDEA

#406 Post by Il Duce Lee » 08 Dec 2016, 13:44

MacKaye olisi ihan perustellusti.
digimetsä wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 22:16
Eräänlaista ableismia toikin on että tullaan leveilemään kuinka pystyy olemaan selvinpäin viihteellä eikä ahdista

Pete TNT
PIF-harrastaja

#407 Post by Pete TNT » 08 Dec 2016, 13:50

Porakorven Akseli wrote:MacKaye olisi ihan perustellusti.
:D
Suvelan Sulttaani wrote: rocknrollin tarkoitus on scream and shout ja pitää siinä sivussa good time!

cheesepuff

#408 Post by cheesepuff » 08 Dec 2016, 13:58

Porakorven Akseli wrote:MacKaye olisi ihan perustellusti.
Joo, mutta sehän on vastannu moneen kertaan tohon aiheeseen liittyen, ettei varmaan mitään uutta tulokulmaa tulis? Nopeella googletuksella kaks:
Marc Pindle wrote:I: They at one point released a 12" EP, and the cover of this was a close-up of a giant spread asshole, and the record was called "The Ian MacKaye EP." I don't know those guys. I've never met those guys, or I had not met them at the time; I may have met one of them since then. I didn't have any problem with them. I didn't know anything about them. But that was, you know, "Hey! What did I do!? What did I do to deserve THAT?" And at some point I read an interview with them where they said, "Well, you know -" Or no, actually I think the guy that was distributing it contacted me and sent me a copy of it. And he said, "We just wanted to let you know that we weren't going to hide this from you. We did this and we're not trying to hurt your feelings; it's really aimed at the people who think you're a God." And I can't say that it hurt my feelings, because I just thought, "This is so ridiculous!" But it does actually make me feel bad, because it's just such a pointless exercise. You know, fight crime; don't fight nice guys! What the fuck did I do? Furthermore, they did not understand -- and I think that people who often do this sort of tactic like "Well, it's not really about you; it's about the people who worship you," this sort of thing -- what they don't understand is that by assailing me, by throwing stones at me or my name, if they don't think that they are injuring me, then they must think I'm impervious. They must think I'm a God! So in fact they are reinforcing the notion that I am not a human being, because they are taking shots of me and expecting me to not fall. Do you follow?
Nardwuar wrote:Ian, what do you think of that Poison Idea record, where it's "[makes throat slitting sound] Ian MacKaye"?
I don't think that's what it's called. I think it's just called "Ian MacKaye" and the cover is a big, spread asshole. I think you're getting two different records mixed up again. But, what do I think about it? Um, huh. It hurts my feelings, but I don't really care.

Had you known those guys or done any gigs with them?
I don't know them, but their point of view - and a lot of people who assail my name or image or whatever - their point of view is that "There are people that consider him a god, so we're just trying to show he's just a human." But my position is that you don't throw rocks at human beings. So if you're going to be cruel to me, then you're making me into something that's apparently larger than life. If they're going to be ugly about my name or ugly about me, then all they're doing is reinforcing the idea that I'm not a human being, that I am some weird god. I'm comfortable with myself being a human being. I don't know why they have to waste their time writing about me. But that's twelve years ago, or eleven years ago. Let's get topical here.
Eiks Black Flag kuitenkin ainakin soittanu PI:n kanssa, joten ehkä Rollissillakin olisi jotain sanottavaa aiheeseen liittyen :dontknow:
STAY PUNK

Riivattu Velho
Melkein ####!
Melkein ####!

#409 Post by Riivattu Velho » 08 Dec 2016, 14:29

cheesepuff wrote:ehkä Rollissillakin olisi jotain sanottavaa aiheeseen liittyen :dontknow:
aivan varmasti on

soitan kansanradioon
God of PIF
God of PIF

#410 Post by soitan kansanradioon » 08 Dec 2016, 15:25

rrröööaaarrr wrote:
cheesepuff wrote:ehkä Rollissillakin olisi jotain sanottavaa aiheeseen liittyen :dontknow:
aivan varmasti on
Pitäisin sangen erikoisena, jos Rollolssilla ei ois mitään sanottavaa.

Nibbles

#411 Post by Nibbles » 08 Jan 2017, 23:13

Poison Idea ( Official ) wrote: 2 mins ·

This is an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. We've told our friends, talked with promoters, announced it at the last show, but I guess we have to do this to make it "official". POISON IDEA is pulling the plug on the life support system that keeps the band side alive. Ya can't kill the spirit. But as of Jan. 1, 2017, POISON IDEA is no longer a band. We're going to keep working with TKO/Cascade to rerelease the old catalog and we have stuff that was never let out of the can, that will probably be released. THANK YOU FOR THE 35(!) YEARS WORTH OF MEMORIES. STAY TRUE, STAY FREE. CHEERS.

RauliHerttua
God of PIF
God of PIF

#412 Post by RauliHerttua » 08 Jan 2017, 23:25

RIP
Älkää olko lessuja

Ridge Porridge
viina dude

#413 Post by Ridge Porridge » 08 Jan 2017, 23:55

No höh. RIP
.x6zxcvbn.6.nbvcxz6x. wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 19:06
No mutta jos vetäisit paremmin niin se vois olla Ridge Porridge & Hurriganes. Rock n roll nevö die.

waldorf
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#414 Post by waldorf » 10 Jan 2017, 11:44

Viinamäen Keisari wrote:No höh. RIP
A richer understandment of what’s already understood

Sauna-Vaudeville
-=Lord Of PIF=-
-=Lord Of PIF=-

#415 Post by Sauna-Vaudeville » 03 Apr 2017, 18:19

Dutch Courage on muuten aivan helvetin hyvä livelevy.
Zeno 54100 Gangsta

Caught Somewhere in a Mosh
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

#416 Post by Caught Somewhere in a Mosh » 03 Apr 2017, 18:54

Sauna-Bwana wrote:Dutch Courage on muuten aivan helvetin hyvä livelevy.
On!
VERY FUCK YOU

waldorf
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#417 Post by waldorf » 03 Apr 2017, 19:31

Naisiin menevä Mauno Koivisto wrote:
On!
Voi olla, en oo kuullu :?
A richer understandment of what’s already understood

Sauna-Vaudeville
-=Lord Of PIF=-
-=Lord Of PIF=-

#418 Post by Sauna-Vaudeville » 03 Apr 2017, 19:32

waldorf wrote:
On!
:facepalm:
Zeno 54100 Gangsta

Sauna-Vaudeville
-=Lord Of PIF=-
-=Lord Of PIF=-

#419 Post by Sauna-Vaudeville » 03 Apr 2017, 19:36

waldorf wrote:
On!
Olen luullut,että olisit hard core sälli :(
Zeno 54100 Gangsta

MASSE
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#420 Post by MASSE » 03 Apr 2017, 19:52

Haluaako joku helsinkiläinen ostaa Record Bootleggers Are Potential Millionaires LP:n, mulla on miljoona PI liveä ja voisi karsia. DVD:n voisin kanssa pistää myyntiin.