Päivän sika siisti tiede uutinen

Kaikenmaailman jaarittelu ja rupattelu täällä. Kirjoittaminen vaatii rekisteröitymisen.

Moderators: Balam-Acab, Kennedy Bakircioglu Kuutio, P O L L Y

Sasse netä
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

Re: Päivän sika siisti tiede uutinen

#1231 Post by Sasse netä » 14 Dec 2020, 10:13

bad grankulla wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 20:11
Olen katsonut krapulassa hiton mielelläni tän metalliverstastyypin videoita, se rakenteli kellojen lisäksi olemassaolevan todistusaineiston pohjalta toimivaa Antikythera-mekanismia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism Videot loppui vuosi sitten, mietin että mitä tapahtui - no mitä kävi oli että se on itse asiassa mennyt tekemään todella paljon tärkeitä löytöjä ja kirjoitti jollain porukalla niistä vertaisarvioidun tutkimusartikkelin, voi juukels

Ei hemmetti mietinkin että mikä tuli kun tuntui jäävän kesken [-o<
Lempi piffaajani
2020: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11478
2021: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=623
2022: member list.php

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#1232 Post by Pasi Fist » 14 Jan 2021, 04:41

Kirjaimellisesti sopii otsikkoon tämä sika uutinen.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... -indonesia
World's oldest known cave painting found in Indonesia

Picture of wild pig made at least 45,500 years ago provides earliest evidence of human settlement

T H E B I G G E S T E N E M Y O F F R E E D O M I S A S A T I S F I E D S L A V E

Doctor Muñiz
Anarkopasifistinen ankeuttaja

#1233 Post by Doctor Muñiz » 15 Jan 2021, 06:55

Mielenkiintoista:
Archaeology
The secret letters of history's first-known businesswomen

By Sophie Hardach 14th January 2021

New research gives us insights into history's first well-documented businesswomen, who made their mark earlier than you may think.

Around 1870BC, in the city of Assur in northern Iraq, a woman called Ahaha uncovered a case of financial fraud.

Ahaha had invested in long-distance trade between Assur and the city of Kanesh in Turkey. She and other investors had pooled silver to finance a donkey caravan delivering tin and textiles to Kanesh, where the goods would be exchanged for more silver, generating a tidy profit. But Ahaha’s share of the profits seemed to have gone missing – possibly embezzled by one of her own brothers, Buzazu. So, she grabbed a reed stylus and clay tablet and scribbled a letter to another brother, Assur-mutappil, pleading for help:

“I have nothing else apart from these funds,” she wrote in cuneiform script. “Take care to act so that I will not be ruined!” She instructed Assur-mutappil to recover her silver and update her quickly. “Let a detailed letter from you come to me by the very next caravan, saying if they do pay the silver,” she wrote in another tablet. “Now is the time to do me a favour and to save me from financial stress!”

Ahaha’s letters are among 23,000 clay tablets excavated over the past decades from the ruins of merchants’ homes in Kanesh. They belonged to Assyrian expats who had settled in Kanesh and kept up a lively correspondence with their families back in Assur, which lay six weeks away by donkey caravan. A new book gives unprecedented insight into a remarkable group within this community: women who seized new opportunities offered by social and economic change, and took on roles more typically filled by men at the time. They became the first-known businesswomen, female bankers and female investors in the history of humanity.

‘Strong and independent’

The bulk of the letters, contracts and court rulings found in Kanesh date from around 1900-1850 BC, a period when the Assyrians’ trading network was flourishing, bringing prosperity to the region and giving rise to many innovations. The Assyrians invented certain forms of investment and were also among the first men and women to write their own letters, rather than dictating them to professional scribes. It’s thanks to these letters that we can hear a chorus of vibrant female voices telling us that even in the distant past, commerce and innovation were not the exclusive domains of men.

While their husbands were on the road, or striking deals in some faraway trading settlement, these women looked after their businesses back home. But they also accumulated and managed their own wealth, and gradually gained more power in their personal lives.

“These women were really strong and independent, because they were alone, they were the head of the household while the husband was away,” says Cécile Michel, a senior researcher at the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in France, and author of the book, titled Women of Assur and Kanesh. Through more than 300 letters and other documents, the book tells a strikingly detailed and colourful story of the women’s struggles and triumphs. Though brimming with drama and adventure, the clay letters themselves are tiny, about the size of the palm of a hand.

The businesswomen’s story is tied to that of the Assyrian merchant community as a whole. In their heyday, the Assyrians were among the most successful and well-connected traders of the Near East. Their caravans of up to 300 donkeys criss-crossed mountains and uninhabited plains, carrying raw materials, luxury goods and, of course, clay letters.

“It was one leg of a huge international network, which started somewhere in Central Asia, with lapis-lazuli from Afghanistan, carnelian from Pakistan, and the tin may have come from Iran or further to the east,” says Jan Gerrit Dercksen, an Assyriologist at Leiden University in the Netherlands, who has also worked on the Kanesh tablets. Foreign traders brought these goods to the gates of Assur, along with textiles from Babylonia in southern Iraq. They were sold to the Assyrians, who packed them onto caravans bound for Kanesh and other towns in the Anatolian region in Turkey, where they were sold for gold and silver.

Complex financial instruments facilitated this trade, such as the “naruqqum”, which literally means “bag”. It refers to a joint-stock company in which Assyrian investors pooled their silver to fund merchant-led caravans over many years. The merchants also developed a lively business jargon. “The tablet is dead” meant that a debt had been paid and the clay-tablet contract recording it was therefore cancelled. “Hungry silver” referred to silver that was not being invested, idly sitting around instead of generating a profit.

They really are accountants; they know perfectly well what they should get back in exchange for their textiles – Cécile Michel

Assyrian women contributed to this bustling commercial network by producing textiles for export, issuing loans to merchants, buying and selling houses, and investing in naruqqum schemes. Their skills as weavers allowed them to earn their own silver. They kept a keen eye on foreign fashions and market trends to secure the best prices, as well as on taxes and other costs that dented their profits.

“They really are accountants. They know perfectly well what they should get back in exchange for their textiles. And when they earn this money from the sale of their textiles, they pay for the food, for the house, for daily life, but they also invest,” says Michel, who has also co-created a new documentary about the women.

‘Guardians of the archives’

This commercial acumen allowed some to slip into positions that were unusual for women at the time, by functioning as their husbands’ trusted business partners. The traders in turn benefited from having literate and numerate wives who could help with day-to-day business as well as emergencies. One Assyrian merchant writes to his wife, Ishtar-bashti: “Urgent! Clear your outstanding merchandise. Collect the gold of the son of Limishar and send it to me… Please, put all my tablets in safekeeping.” Others ask their wives to pick specific tablets from the household’s private archives to find financial information or settle a business matter.

“Since they were the ones to stay at home, they were the guardians of the archives,” Michel says of the women. “You have to remember, these contracts represent a lot of money, for example the loan contracts and so on.”

The women in turn don’t shy away from sending their husbands or brothers instructions and admonishments. “What is this that you do not even send me a tablet two fingers wide with good news from you?” an Assyrian woman called Naramtum writes to two men. She complains about a dispute involving debt and lost merchandise, and urges the men to resolve it, closing with a brisk: “Send me the price of the textiles. Cheer me up!” Another chided her brother over a missing payment: “Don’t be so greedy that you ruin me!”

These women’s independence stood in stark contrast to some other societies in the ancient Near East, such as nearby Babylonia in southern Iraq. Michel points out that in Assur, as in Kanesh, both the wife and the husband could ask for a divorce and would be treated the same in the proceedings. “But at exactly the same time in Babylonia, in the south of Babylonia, the wife couldn’t ask for a divorce, and in the north of Babylonia, if she dared to ask, she would be put to death.”

With that strengthened economic influence came better conditions in the women’s personal lives. A number of them added clauses to marriage contracts that banned the men from taking second wives or travelling by themselves, as in this example: “Assur-malik married Suhkana, daughter of Iram-Assur. Wherever Assur-malik goes, he shall take her with him. He shall not marry another woman in Kanesh.”

At some point, for reasons that are somewhat unclear, trade between Assur and Kanesh declined. Eventually, Kanesh was deserted. Other cities and communities took over as engines of commerce, creativity and cultural exchange. But the women’s clay tablets, hardened by house fires, remained in the abandoned homes to be discovered thousands of years later. They capture a female experience so rarely documented in history, not of queens or high priestesses, but of working women wondering how to get through the next day. As Michel says, in other Mesopotamian cities, letters written by women have also been found, “but there are not so many. [Kanesh] is unique for that.”

And with roughly half of the tablets of Kanesh still unread, there are surely many more secrets waiting to spill out.
What you need, my son...
Is a holiday in Cambodia

Fight all the ones who want their missiles in our earth
Fight all the powers who would lead us into war

bad grankulla
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#1234 Post by bad grankulla » 15 Jan 2021, 17:03

Doctor Muñiz wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 06:55
Mielenkiintoista:
Spoiler:
Archaeology
The secret letters of history's first-known businesswomen

By Sophie Hardach 14th January 2021

New research gives us insights into history's first well-documented businesswomen, who made their mark earlier than you may think.

Around 1870BC, in the city of Assur in northern Iraq, a woman called Ahaha uncovered a case of financial fraud.

Ahaha had invested in long-distance trade between Assur and the city of Kanesh in Turkey. She and other investors had pooled silver to finance a donkey caravan delivering tin and textiles to Kanesh, where the goods would be exchanged for more silver, generating a tidy profit. But Ahaha’s share of the profits seemed to have gone missing – possibly embezzled by one of her own brothers, Buzazu. So, she grabbed a reed stylus and clay tablet and scribbled a letter to another brother, Assur-mutappil, pleading for help:

“I have nothing else apart from these funds,” she wrote in cuneiform script. “Take care to act so that I will not be ruined!” She instructed Assur-mutappil to recover her silver and update her quickly. “Let a detailed letter from you come to me by the very next caravan, saying if they do pay the silver,” she wrote in another tablet. “Now is the time to do me a favour and to save me from financial stress!”

Ahaha’s letters are among 23,000 clay tablets excavated over the past decades from the ruins of merchants’ homes in Kanesh. They belonged to Assyrian expats who had settled in Kanesh and kept up a lively correspondence with their families back in Assur, which lay six weeks away by donkey caravan. A new book gives unprecedented insight into a remarkable group within this community: women who seized new opportunities offered by social and economic change, and took on roles more typically filled by men at the time. They became the first-known businesswomen, female bankers and female investors in the history of humanity.

‘Strong and independent’

The bulk of the letters, contracts and court rulings found in Kanesh date from around 1900-1850 BC, a period when the Assyrians’ trading network was flourishing, bringing prosperity to the region and giving rise to many innovations. The Assyrians invented certain forms of investment and were also among the first men and women to write their own letters, rather than dictating them to professional scribes. It’s thanks to these letters that we can hear a chorus of vibrant female voices telling us that even in the distant past, commerce and innovation were not the exclusive domains of men.

While their husbands were on the road, or striking deals in some faraway trading settlement, these women looked after their businesses back home. But they also accumulated and managed their own wealth, and gradually gained more power in their personal lives.

“These women were really strong and independent, because they were alone, they were the head of the household while the husband was away,” says Cécile Michel, a senior researcher at the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in France, and author of the book, titled Women of Assur and Kanesh. Through more than 300 letters and other documents, the book tells a strikingly detailed and colourful story of the women’s struggles and triumphs. Though brimming with drama and adventure, the clay letters themselves are tiny, about the size of the palm of a hand.

The businesswomen’s story is tied to that of the Assyrian merchant community as a whole. In their heyday, the Assyrians were among the most successful and well-connected traders of the Near East. Their caravans of up to 300 donkeys criss-crossed mountains and uninhabited plains, carrying raw materials, luxury goods and, of course, clay letters.

“It was one leg of a huge international network, which started somewhere in Central Asia, with lapis-lazuli from Afghanistan, carnelian from Pakistan, and the tin may have come from Iran or further to the east,” says Jan Gerrit Dercksen, an Assyriologist at Leiden University in the Netherlands, who has also worked on the Kanesh tablets. Foreign traders brought these goods to the gates of Assur, along with textiles from Babylonia in southern Iraq. They were sold to the Assyrians, who packed them onto caravans bound for Kanesh and other towns in the Anatolian region in Turkey, where they were sold for gold and silver.

Complex financial instruments facilitated this trade, such as the “naruqqum”, which literally means “bag”. It refers to a joint-stock company in which Assyrian investors pooled their silver to fund merchant-led caravans over many years. The merchants also developed a lively business jargon. “The tablet is dead” meant that a debt had been paid and the clay-tablet contract recording it was therefore cancelled. “Hungry silver” referred to silver that was not being invested, idly sitting around instead of generating a profit.

They really are accountants; they know perfectly well what they should get back in exchange for their textiles – Cécile Michel

Assyrian women contributed to this bustling commercial network by producing textiles for export, issuing loans to merchants, buying and selling houses, and investing in naruqqum schemes. Their skills as weavers allowed them to earn their own silver. They kept a keen eye on foreign fashions and market trends to secure the best prices, as well as on taxes and other costs that dented their profits.

“They really are accountants. They know perfectly well what they should get back in exchange for their textiles. And when they earn this money from the sale of their textiles, they pay for the food, for the house, for daily life, but they also invest,” says Michel, who has also co-created a new documentary about the women.

‘Guardians of the archives’

This commercial acumen allowed some to slip into positions that were unusual for women at the time, by functioning as their husbands’ trusted business partners. The traders in turn benefited from having literate and numerate wives who could help with day-to-day business as well as emergencies. One Assyrian merchant writes to his wife, Ishtar-bashti: “Urgent! Clear your outstanding merchandise. Collect the gold of the son of Limishar and send it to me… Please, put all my tablets in safekeeping.” Others ask their wives to pick specific tablets from the household’s private archives to find financial information or settle a business matter.

“Since they were the ones to stay at home, they were the guardians of the archives,” Michel says of the women. “You have to remember, these contracts represent a lot of money, for example the loan contracts and so on.”

The women in turn don’t shy away from sending their husbands or brothers instructions and admonishments. “What is this that you do not even send me a tablet two fingers wide with good news from you?” an Assyrian woman called Naramtum writes to two men. She complains about a dispute involving debt and lost merchandise, and urges the men to resolve it, closing with a brisk: “Send me the price of the textiles. Cheer me up!” Another chided her brother over a missing payment: “Don’t be so greedy that you ruin me!”

These women’s independence stood in stark contrast to some other societies in the ancient Near East, such as nearby Babylonia in southern Iraq. Michel points out that in Assur, as in Kanesh, both the wife and the husband could ask for a divorce and would be treated the same in the proceedings. “But at exactly the same time in Babylonia, in the south of Babylonia, the wife couldn’t ask for a divorce, and in the north of Babylonia, if she dared to ask, she would be put to death.”

With that strengthened economic influence came better conditions in the women’s personal lives. A number of them added clauses to marriage contracts that banned the men from taking second wives or travelling by themselves, as in this example: “Assur-malik married Suhkana, daughter of Iram-Assur. Wherever Assur-malik goes, he shall take her with him. He shall not marry another woman in Kanesh.”

At some point, for reasons that are somewhat unclear, trade between Assur and Kanesh declined. Eventually, Kanesh was deserted. Other cities and communities took over as engines of commerce, creativity and cultural exchange. But the women’s clay tablets, hardened by house fires, remained in the abandoned homes to be discovered thousands of years later. They capture a female experience so rarely documented in history, not of queens or high priestesses, but of working women wondering how to get through the next day. As Michel says, in other Mesopotamian cities, letters written by women have also been found, “but there are not so many. [Kanesh] is unique for that.”

And with roughly half of the tablets of Kanesh still unread, there are surely many more secrets waiting to spill out.
Onpa tosiaan! :salut: muinaisille pisnes naisille!

ana-conda
God of PIF
God of PIF

#1235 Post by ana-conda » 22 Jan 2021, 06:50

Dino sauruksilla oli moni käyttö: perse :idea:
Kiinasta löytyi ensimmäinen dinosaurukselta säilynyt peräaukko. Tutkijoiden mukaan peräaukkoa käytettiin moniin eri tarkoituksiin.
– Se on hyvin ainutlaatuinen. Tällä tapauksella on v-muotoinen rakenne, jossa on kivat lepattavat huulet.
Näin kuvailee paleontologi Jakob Vinther Pohjois-Kiinan Liaoningista löytynyttä harvinaista Psittacosauruksen fossiilia, josta käy ilmi eläimen peräaukon muoto.
3D-mallinnos sauriin peräaukosta

Tutkijoiden mukaan peräaukko on monella tapaa täysin poikkeuksellinen. Sitä käytettiin ulostamisen ja virtsaamisen lisäksi myös paritteluun ja munien laskemiseen.
Tutkijoiden mukaan fossiili antaa tärkeää lisätietoa siitä, miten dinosaurusten lisääntyminen on todellisuudessa tapahtunut.
https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/din ... #gs.qsl2ba
Edit: Ei ku ei mitään

kiimainen dinosaur
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#1236 Post by kiimainen dinosaur » 22 Jan 2021, 07:04

– Se on hyvin ainutlaatuinen. Tällä tapauksella on v-muotoinen rakenne, jossa on kivat lepattavat huulet.
:P
Bakom ett hörn står döden på lur
Han tar mig när han vill
Leikitäänkö hetki yhdessä ennen kuin kuollaan
Huolimatomuus, tä? ja kirjoitusvirheet

ORDNUNG HUSSEIN
outo uunitettava taksari

#1237 Post by ORDNUNG HUSSEIN » 22 Jan 2021, 07:15

kivat lepattavat huulet
. . . . . . . . . . . . . P I F . e s s e n . S e e l e . a u f
. . . . . . . . . . . . .ROGEN BEATLES-KLUBI 1% CREW
billys pan pizza veggie wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 20:17
Kyllä. Pystyn todistamaan nuottipaperilla halutessani että steely dan on laadukkaampaa musiikkia kuin kanye west, esim.

hailander
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#1238 Post by hailander » 22 Jan 2021, 07:24

Hans Normaali
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

#1239 Post by Hans Normaali » 22 Jan 2021, 07:38

kiimainen dinosaur wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 07:04
– Se on hyvin ainutlaatuinen. Tällä tapauksella on v-mäinen rakenne, jossa on kivat lepattavat huulet.
:P
There, I fixed it!
NINJA PO VENSKA!

kuka hemmetti
PRÖÖT!

#1240 Post by kuka hemmetti » 23 Jan 2021, 18:09

Scientists have finally gotten a clear view of the spark that sets off an exotic type of lightning called a blue jet.

Blue jets zip upward from thunderclouds into the stratosphere, reaching altitudes up to about 50 kilometers in less than a second. Whereas ordinary lightning excites a medley of gases in the lower atmosphere to glow white, blue jets excite mostly stratospheric nitrogen to create their signature blue hue.

Blue jets have been observed from the ground and aircraft for years, but it’s hard to tell how they form without getting high above the clouds. Now, instruments on the International Space Station have spotted a blue jet emerge from an extremely brief, bright burst of electricity near the top of a thundercloud, researchers report online January 20 in Nature.

Understanding blue jets and other upper-atmosphere phenomena related to thunderstorms, such as sprites (SN: 6/14/02) and elves (SN: 12/23/95), is important because these events can affect how radio waves travel through the air — potentially impacting communication technologies, says Penn State space physicist Victor Pasko, who was not involved in the work.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/spa ... -lightning
Spoiler:
:transagenda:

renesanssi-kari (punk)
perliinin pille peino

#1241 Post by renesanssi-kari (punk) » 23 Jan 2021, 18:13

hieno kuva voi hemmettiläinen
Kraft, Schnelligkeit, Ausdauer, Gelehrsamkeit, eine glorreiche Zukunft.

Hans Normaali
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

#1242 Post by Hans Normaali » 23 Jan 2021, 18:14

Muut kusi housuun, Victor Pasko. :salute:
NINJA PO VENSKA!

ana-conda
God of PIF
God of PIF

#1243 Post by ana-conda » 29 Jan 2021, 20:35

Tutkijat saivat selville, miksi vompateilla on kuution muotoisia kakkapökäleitä
TUTKIMUSPROJEKTI ALKOI neljä vuotta sitten, kun tutkijaryhmän jäsen, australialaisen Tasmanian yliopiston tohtori Scott Carver teki ruumiinavausta lopetetulle paljaskuonovompatille.

Hän havaitsi eläimen suoliston loppuosassa ulostekuutioita ja ihmetteli, että miten ihmeessä ulostekuutioita voi muodostua pääosin pehmeän letkumaisen elimen sisällä.

Havainnon jälkeen Carver ryhtyi tarkastelemaan kollegoineen paljaskuonovompatin suoliston sisäosien rakennetta. Samaan aikaan tutkijaryhmän fyysikot mallinsivat ulostekuutioiden tuotantoa eläimen suolistossa matemaattisin mallein.

Tiimi huomasi suoliston sisäosien lihasten paksuuden välillä suuria eroja.

Paksuuserojen perusteella he panivat merkille, että paljaskuonovompatin suoliston sisäosissa on kaksi jäykähköä aluetta ja kaksi joustavaa aluetta, jotka edesauttavat kuutioiden muovautumista.
https://tekniikanmaailma.fi/tutkijat-sa ... 7ba7fd-500

Paras vompatin kakka juttu evö :salut:
Edit: Ei ku ei mitään

blondi söpöliini
VValpurinyönä...

#1244 Post by blondi söpöliini » 18 Feb 2021, 22:48

Perseverance laskeutuu just parasta aikaa Marsin pinnalle. :bounce:
What goes good at the top of a flight of stairs?
A table with a drawer in it, right? That make you yee-hah?
Makes me yee-hah anyways.
A lady could keep her valuables in it.
Maybe a bible, maybe a gun.
Five planks! Four nails! Go!
Spoiler:
Kuolema ei ole kärsimystä. Kuolema on täydellinen kaunis juhla.
Odin owns ye all .D
Töhnämuna count: 2

superlemmikki
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#1245 Post by superlemmikki » 18 Feb 2021, 22:57

Laskeutuminen onnistui :salut:
Häiritsevä déjà vu -laskuri 2024: 2 (2023: 10, 2022: 18, 2021:19, 2020:23)
[url=//imgur.com/4inmSsP]
Muista että, et nauti Persus Makeis Sekoomuksesta, vaan se nauttii sinusta. Sinä et syö sitä, vaan se syö sinut.