N: Hindunationalistit a go-go

Kaikenmaailman jaarittelu ja rupattelu täällä. Kirjoittaminen vaatii rekisteröitymisen.

Moderators: Balam-Acab, Kennedy Bakircioglu Kuutio, P O L L Y

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

Re: N: Hindunationalistit a go-go

#91 Post by Pasi Fist » 12 Jan 2020, 03:41

Sillä välin muualla maailmassa:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ic-freedom
A violent attack on academic freedom

A group of academics and campaigners strongly condemn the brutal assaults on students and staff at Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi

Letters

We strongly condemn the violence against students and faculty staff of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, on 5 January by a gang of armed and masked rightwing thugs including many belonging to the ABVP, an outfit affiliated to India’s ruling BJP (Report, 7 January).

Shamefully, the Delhi police allowed the attackers into the campus unhindered, blocked the roads, facilitating the continuation of the attacks, and later allowed the armed thugs to leave under their protection. The JNU administration have, shockingly, remained silent. The attackers brutally assaulted students and academic staff and vandalised university property. There are multiple reports of hospitalisation and extremely serious injuries, including to student union president, Aishe Ghosh, and chair of the Centre for the Study of Regional Development, Prof Sucharita Sen. Doctors and medical volunteers attempting to aid the victims were also attacked and their ambulance was smashed.

These events have come in the wake of brutal police violence against students in Jamia Millia Islamia and Aligarh Muslim universities, where peaceful protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the National Register of Citizens were taking place. This apparent targeting of dissenting student voices is occurring against an extremely disturbing background of sweeping repression accompanied by widespread attacks on minority communities.

In solidarity with students and faculty members of JNU, we demand that as a matter of urgency the perpetrators are brought to book, concerned authorities held accountable and the peaceful and vibrant democratic environment on campus for which JNU has long been known internationally is restored.

Prof Bhaskar Vira University of Cambridge, Prof Barbara Harriss-White Visiting professor, JNU, and Wolfson College, University of Oxford, Dr Kalpana Wilson Birkbeck, University of London, Dr Aditya Ray The Open University, Sarbjit Johal South Asia Solidarity, Prof Shirin Rai University of Warwick, Prof David Mosse Soas University of London, Satpal Muman Chair, CasteWatchUK, Santosh Dass, Anti-Caste Discrimination Alliance Prof Valentina Vitali University of East London, Prof Julia O’Connell Davidson University of Bristol, Prof Katy Gardner London School of Economics and Political Science and 177 others
T H E B I G G E S T E N E M Y O F F R E E D O M I S A S A T I S F I E D S L A V E

Doctor Muñiz
Anarkopasifistinen ankeuttaja

#92 Post by Doctor Muñiz » 12 Jan 2020, 20:11

Delhin poliisi onkin kiireesti asiaa selvitellyt ja perjantaina ilmoitti epäilevänsä Aishe Ghoshia ja kuutta muuta vasemmistolaisten (sekä kahta oikeistolaisen) opiskelijajärjestöjen jäsentä väkivallasta kampuksella. Aiemmin ilmoittivat epäilevänsä Ghoshia ja tovereitaan kahdesta tihutyöstä, joihin myös liittyksi väkivaltaa.

Ghosh onkin varsinainen neljäkymmentäkiloinen kommunismin vesipuhveli.
What you need, my son...
Is a holiday in Cambodia

Fight all the ones who want their missiles in our earth
Fight all the powers who would lead us into war

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#93 Post by Pasi Fist » 30 Jan 2020, 12:00

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... enship-law
Indian primary school faces sedition charge after play about citizenship law

Children aged nine and 10 were interrogated by police after allegedly anti-government performance

The Indian police are investigating a primary school for sedition over a student play which voiced opposition to the prime minister and his controversial new citizenship law.

Students aged nine and 10 at Shaheen school in Bidar, in the state of Karnataka, were interrogated by police over several days for putting on a play that had a theme allegedly opposing the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and included “slurs” against prime minister Narendra Modi.

The headteacher of the school, Yusuf Ahamed, expressed outrage that both students and teachers had been questioned by the police over the play.

“Police have been visiting the school on a daily basis over the past three days and inquiring about the children and their teachers,” he told local media. “They are being treated like anti-nationals.”

India’s new citizenship law, which was passed in December, has been accused of discriminating against Muslims and undermining the secular basis of the Indian constitution, offering an accelerated pathway of citizenship for those who are from all religions except Islam.

Footage from the five-minute theatrical performance by the Shaheen students, which showed some pupils discussing the fears faced by Muslims due to the CAA and singing a Bollywood song that has become a protest rallying cry, had gone viral on social media and prompted a member of Modi’s BJP party to file an official complaint.

Police have charged senior management at the school with provocation, sedition and promotion of enmity. While several children were questioned, none were charged.

Bidar police chief T Sreedhara said: “We have started an investigation into the complaint by an activist who alleged that the play criticised and disrespected Modi.”

The charge of sedition, which is based on a British colonial era law, has increasingly been used against those protesting against the CAA in a bid to frame their actions as anti-nationalist. Last week, dozens of women in the state of Uttar Pradesh were charged with sedition for staging a peaceful sit-in against CAA.

There are fears that in conjunction with plans to carry out a national register of citizens (NRC) across India, it will only be the country’s 200 million Muslims who will have to provide documentation to prove their Indian nationality or face the threat of detention or deportation. It has led to one of India’s biggest periods of unrest for over forty years, with millions taking to the streets every week in protest against the CAA and NRC.
T H E B I G G E S T E N E M Y O F F R E E D O M I S A S A T I S F I E D S L A V E

Doctor Muñiz
Anarkopasifistinen ankeuttaja

#94 Post by Doctor Muñiz » 31 Jan 2020, 07:47

Toissapäivältä,
BJP:n kampanjointia Delhin vaaleihin: ampukaa mieltään osoittavat musliminaiset, koska muuten he raiskaavat ja tappavat...
(Pitkäkestoiset istumamielenosoitukset on yleisiä Intiassa.)
Shaheen Bagh: Anurag Thakur, Parvesh Varma penalised for comments

Image The Shaheen Bagh movement has been largely fronted by Indian Muslim women

Two MPs belonging to India's ruling party have been removed from a list of "star campaigners" after comments they made against a group or protesters.

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) penalised Anurag Thakur and Parvesh Varma after India's Election Commission ordered their removal with "immediate effect".

The order came in the wake of controversial comments by the MPs against thousands of largely Muslim women who have been staging a demonstration in Shaheen Bagh - a Muslim-dominated neighbourhood in the capital, Delhi.

Elections will be held there on 8 February.

The polls pit the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) which runs India's government, against the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) which governs Delhi. The AAP, headed by charismatic chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, is hoping to return to power, pointing to its record on affordable healthcare, education, electricity and water.

The BJP has accused the protesters of being "traitors" to India.

What did the BJP say?

The charge levelled at the women protesting against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) has been led by the home minister, BJP president Amit Shah.

He told supporters to press the button for the BJP with "so much anger that protesters in Shaheen Bagh feel the current".

Other party leaders have followed suit.

Anurag Thakur, the junior finance minister, was censured by the election commission after he incited the crowd at an election rally to shout "shoot the traitors" while railing against those at Shaheen Bagh. He defended his comments by saying he was merely reflecting the "mood of Delhi".

Yogi Adityanath, the chief minister of neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, said the men of Shaheen Bagh were sending their women out to protest while they stayed home and slept, because they were too afraid to come out themselves.

Shaheen Bagh: The women occupying a Delhi street

Yet another minister, Parvesh Varma, swore the protesters would be "sent packing" within hours of a BJP victory, adding that if left unchecked, they would "rape and kill".

Other party members have called the election a battle between "India and Pakistan", which critics have denounced as a clear attempt to stigmatise Muslims.

So, what is happening in Shaheen Bagh?

Residents, mostly Muslim women, have been staging a continuous sit-in on a public road for more than a month.

It has been a rare moment - one of the few times anyone can remember India's Muslim women coming out in such large numbers and leading a movement of this nature, although many others from different religions have sat alongside them in solidarity. They have read each other the preamble of India's constitution, made speeches reaffirming their citizenship and sung patriotic songs.

Shaheen Bagh has captured the imagination of many Indians.

The peaceful nature of the demonstrations have been in stark contrast to other protests against the citizenship law in which more than 30 people have been killed - most of them in Uttar Pradesh state - and the police accused of brutality.

The BJP for its part has painted the Shaheen Bagh protesters as extremists, who are seeking to break the country apart with the support of the AAP and its leader, Arvind Kejriwal.

[...]

Why is Shaheen Bagh being targeted?

"What the BJP is trying to do is very clear. Polarisation is a tried and tested method that has won them elections in the past. But the million dollar question is, will it also work in Delhi?" political commentator Neerja Chowdhury told the BBC.

Many critics have said the protesters are an easy target for the Hindu nationalist BJP, as they are largely Muslim, and have said they demonstrate precisely why Muslims are afraid of the CAA.

The BJP comments have also caused a stir on social media. Although there are some who agree with the criticisms against the protesters, many say it is a clear indication the BJP has been rattled by Shaheen Bagh.

AAP supporters say the BJP's tactics show how desperate the party is to avoid defeat.
Videos from Shaheen Bagh show women singing songs, clapping and passing tea and food to one another.

The hashtag #KejriwalAgainstEntireBJP was the top India trend on Tuesday afternoon.

Ms Chowdhury said that although it was expected the BJP would come out strongly as the election drew nearer, she was still surprised by the tone of the campaign.

"We have had many lows in Indian politics and electioneering. But I don't ever remember a legislator telling people that they would be raped and killed," she said.
www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-51276867
What you need, my son...
Is a holiday in Cambodia

Fight all the ones who want their missiles in our earth
Fight all the powers who would lead us into war

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#95 Post by Pasi Fist » 02 Feb 2020, 10:25

Linkin takana kartta ja kuvia:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ndment-act
‘I’ll destroy your family’: India’s activists tell of false arrest and torture in custody

Uttar Pradesh’s leading protesters against new citizenship law believe they were rounded up to quell further dissent

At 73 years old, Mohammad Shoaib had grown used to harassment from police. As one of India’s highest-profile activists, he had made a name fighting for Muslims falsely accused of being terrorists by the police, earning him powerful enemies.

But in late December, as he was brought into the police station in Lucknow, in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, in the middle of the night, he felt something had shifted. “Police officers abused me badly while I was in their custody and they threatened me in many ways,” he said. “One [senior officer] said to me at the police station: ‘I will fuck your mother. I am going to throw all your family members in jail where they will rot for life. I will destroy your family’.”

As India erupted in protest over a controversial new citizenship bill late last year, Shoaib was among dozens of leading social and legal activists who began to be systematically and illegally targeted, rounded up and detained by police, with several tortured and most kept in prison on fabricated charges, without ever being presented to a magistrate, as the law requires.

While the BJP government is notoriously intolerant of critics, the systematic crackdown on some of the most recognisable civil society activists has been unprecedented in both scale and fervour. It has also been concentrated in Uttar Pradesh, where the BJP government led by chief minister Yogi Adityanath, known for his anti-Muslim and staunchly Hindu nationalist rhetoric, vowed “revenge” on those who had taken to the streets to protest at the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). Police have been accused of firing on protesters, rounding up hundreds of innocent Muslims in the state and torturing men, women and children in custody.

In seven cases recounted to the Observer, activists alleged they had been detained on entirely falsified charges by police. For Shoaib, his detention was particularly farcical. He stands accused of leading a protest that turned violent in Lucknow on 19 December, despite the fact it occurred while he was under police house arrest, having been detained the night before. “Police kept my house under watch and restrained me from going out. How could I possibly be present at the protest site, away from my home that afternoon?” he said. “Yet, the police charged me with attempted murder, arson and rioting. For years many police officers have viewed me as their enemy and now they are portraying me as a conspirator and violent rioter, without any basis.”

After police failed to produce any evidence before a judge, Shoaib was bailed last month, following weeks behind bars. But the charges have not been dropped. “Activists are facing an increased level of pressure or crackdown,” he said of the past three months. “The government is trying to silence all types of dissent and shrink the space for activism. It is trying to break the backbone of activism in the state.” Sadaf Jafar, another prominent activist in Uttar Pradesh and spokesperson for the Congress political party, wept as she recounted the torture she says she endured when arrested on 19 December.

She says she was arrested while protesting peacefully at the Lucknow rally against the new citizenship law, and was among those later facing 20 charges, including inciting violence and attempted murder. She was detained until early January, when a judge granted her bail due to lack of evidence. While in the police station, Jafar said, officers subjected her to relentless racist and Islamophobic slurs. “They started slapping and beating me, calling me ‘Pakistani’ and other language I could never repeat.

“One of the female officers, who was filled with this anger, shouted: ‘I am going to beat you so hard I draw blood’,” said Jafar. “She pulled my hair and clawed my face and hands. And then another senior male officer told me he had seen me ‘talking big’ at the protest and that he would teach me a lesson; that he would charge me with attempted murder and make sure I ‘rotted in prison’. He pulled me down by my hair, kicked me in my stomach and knees… I have spent my life fighting for people’s rights but I never imagined the police would act in this way.”

It is not just Muslim activists who report torture. Deepak Kabir, 46, a prominent Hindu poet and activist, said he had been arrested and badly beaten after he went into a police station to look for fellow activists. “They are going after activists because we are willing to fight,” he said. “It’s a very thought out process to target well-known faces because if they crush us, then everyone else is immediately intimidated.” SR Darapuri, 76, a former senior police officer turned activist, who has long irritated authorities in Uttar Pradesh with his outspoken comments about extrajudicial killings by police, alleged the police had gone to “extreme lengths” to arrest and then charge him with rioting, attempted murder and criminal conspiracy related to Lucknow protests that turned violent. “For 46 hours they kept me without food,” he said. “I am a retired senior police officer from the rank as high as inspector general and I was forced to endure such torture.” Darapuri described how, after his arrest at home on 20 December, police brought him before a magistrate, as is legally required before he could be sent to jail. But the magistrate refused to grant permission, citing lack of evidence, and criticised the officers for Darapuri’s “wrongful arrest”. But that did not stop them. “After taking me back to Hazratganj police station, the police officer recorded a report in which he stated that I had been taken to a magistrate but he was not available,” he said. “This was not the truth. The magistrate refused to remand me in custody because he believed I was innocent.”

The same day, Darapuri was taken to jail where he was kept until 5 December, when he was bailed. At the hearing the Uttar Pradesh police failed to produce any evidence against him, claiming video footage of his alleged offences was “too hazy or grainy and none of the people there could be identified”.

The Uttar Pradesh police and government have denied any wrongful and illegal arrests and torture in custody. Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesperson Rakesh Tripathi said: “Bail doesn’t mean that Sadaf and Darapuri have been given a clean chit. They will have to face trial in court. The statements made by them after release are objectionable, baseless and provocative.”

Yet the arrests of activists have continued. Last Wednesday, hours before he was due to address an anti-CAA rally in Mumbai, activist Dr Kafeel Khan was arrested by Uttar Pradesh Police Special Task Force for allegedly delivering a “provocative” speech in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, at a rally on 12 December. On Friday, police filed new complaints against Shoaib, Kabir and several other activists after they staged a peaceful candlelit vigil against the act.

Sandeep Pandey, another prominent Lucknow-based activist involved in the anti-CAA protests described the escalation in attacks on critics. “My emails and phones have been kept under surveillance by the government,” he said. “We have been jailed before for activism-related activities but we used to get bail and come out of jail. Police didn’t misbehave with us. Now, in recent months, police have changed their attitude towards us and we are being badly abused by them… The rights activists are facing the worst crackdown in Uttar Pradesh; in no other state in India is the situation is as bad,” he said. “This is out and out a fascist regime.”

The passing of the citizenship amendment act in December has led to India’s greatest unrest for more than four decades. The law says all Hindu, Christian, Jain, Buddhist and Sikh migrants who arrived from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan before 2014 can claim citizenship. But the same does not apply to Muslim migrants. Many believe the act brazenly discriminates against Muslims and could tear apart the secular foundations of India. There are also fears that associated plans for a national register of citizens will require only Muslims to produce evidence of their nationality, and could lead to detentions and deportation. Over the past month, millions have taken to the streets every week in the first backlash against Narendra Modi and his Hindu nationalist BJP government, and the response has increasingly been one of force, with public gatherings banned and peaceful student protesters met with violence and openly communal and anti-Muslim rhetoric used in the BJP campaign for the Delhi state elections which will be held next weekend.

Isotooppijalostamo
King of PIF
King of PIF

#96 Post by Isotooppijalostamo » 21 Feb 2020, 22:39

https://lithub.com/the-graveyard-talks- ... t2n_F-lqJI

The Graveyard Talks Back:
Arundhati Roy on Fiction in the Time of Fake News
What is the Role of the Writer in a Time of Rising Nationalism?
By Arundhati Roy
February 12, 2020
"Minähän olen lapsia pureva poliisi. Minähän puhun kaiken aikaa totta."

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#97 Post by Pasi Fist » 27 Feb 2020, 07:46

Linkin takana useita kuvia:
https://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000006420524.html
HS-analyysi: Hindut ja muslimit tappavat toisiaan Delhin kaduilla, ja siitä voi syyttää pääministeri Modin pyrkimystä tehdä Intiasta hinduvaltio

Hindunationalismin nousu ei liity vain Modin valtakauteen, vaan taustalla on Intian yhteiskuntaa pyörittävä tiukan hindumielinen jättiläisjärjestö, kirjoittaa HS:n ulkomaantoimittaja Tommi Hannula.

Hindujen ja muslimien yhteenotot ovat yltyneet Intian pääkaupungin Delhin pahimmiksi väkivaltaisuuksiksi vuosikymmeniin. Alkuviikon aikana kuolonuhreja kertyi yli 20 ja loukkaantuneita parisataa. Kymmenillä oli ampumahaavoja. Autoja, kauppoja ja moskeija poltettiin.

Jännitteet ovat kiristyneet selvästi hindujen ja muslimien sekä toisaalta uskonnollisten ja maallistuneiden hindujen välillä Intian pääministerin Narendra Modin valtakaudella, joka alkoi vuonna 2014. Viime kevään vaaleissa Modi voitti jatkokauden ja hänen hindunationalistinen Bharatiya Janata -puolueensa (BJP) vahvisti otettaan entisestään.

Delhin katutaistelut liittyvät uuteen kansalaisuuslakiin, jota vastustajat pitävät hallituksen keinona ”hindulaistaa” Intiaa. Lakimuutos sallii Intian kansalaisuuden myöntämisen nopeutetusti miljoonille ihmisille, jotka ovat muuttaneet maahan luvattomasti Pakistanista, Bangladeshista tai Afganistanista ennen vuotta 2015. Tämä koskee hinduja, sikhejä, buddhalaisia, kristittyjä, jainalaisia ja parseja – eli käytännössä kaikkia muita paitsi muslimeja.

Delhin mellakoiden osapuolia on kuvailtu lain kannattajiksi ja vastustajiksi, mutta samalla rintamalinja noudattaa karkeasti jakoa hinduihin ja muslimeihin. Yhteenotot puhkesivat keskustan koillispuolella muslimienemmistöisellä alueella, jossa oli viikkokausia ollut kansalaisuuslakia vastustavia mielenosoittajaleirejä.

BJP:n näkyvä delhiläispoliitikko Kapil Mishra oli sunnuntaina uhannut, että ihmiset ottavat oikeuden omiin käsiinsä, jos poliisi ei hajota leirejä. Moni tulkitsi hänen yllyttävän hinduja hyökkäämään muslimien kimppuun.

Intialainen uutissivusto The Wire kuvaili, että kansalaisuuslain kannattajien leirissä pääasiana ei vaikuttanut olevan kysymys uudesta laista vaan hindunationalismin korostaminen, joka myös näkyi ihmisten oransseista otsamerkinnöistä ja oransseista lipuista. Oranssi on hindunationalistien tunnusväri.

Hindujen kotien ja liikkeiden sisäänkäyntejä oli merkitty oransseilla lipuilla. Kansalaisuuslain vastustajat pitivät tätä merkkinä niiden suojaamisesta tuhotöiltä ja väkivallan suunnitelmallisuudesta. He ovat myös arvostelleet poliisia hyökkäysten sallimisesta.

Taistelutantereelta raportoineiden toimittajien mukaan poliiseja on ollut aivan liian vähän väkivallan lopettamiseksi, ja paikalla olleetkin poliisit ovat seuranneet tapahtumia passiivisesti ja jopa kannustaneet ihmisiä väkivaltaan.

Intiassa asuu lähes 1,4 miljardia ihmistä, joista noin 80 prosenttia on hinduja ja noin 14 prosenttia muslimeja. Muslimien osuus kasvaa, koska he saavat tyypillisesti hinduja enemmän lapsia.

Hindunationalistien suhtautuminen tähän seikkaan tiivistyi tiistaina The Times of India -sanomalehden artikkelissa poliisipäällikön kuolemasta Delhin mellakoissa. Lehti nosti – joko valikoidusti tai jonkinlaisen automatiikan perusteella – verkkouutisensa keskelle lukijoidensa ”kärkikommentin”:

”Jos muslimien osuus kasvaa 25 prosenttiin, he alkavat hyökätä hinduja vastaan ja jakavat Intian kuten vuonna 1947”, kirjoitti nimimerkki Indian.

Kommentti viittasi Britannian siirtomaavallasta vapautuneen jättivaltion kahtiajakoon hinduenemmistöiseksi Intiaksi ja muslimienemmistöiseksi Pakistaniksi (josta irtautui myöhemmin Bangladesh).

Intian itsenäisyysliikkeen johtajat Mahatma Gandhi ja Jawaharlal Nehru vannoivat hindujen ja muslimien yhteiselon nimeen. Heidän maallinen Kongressipuolueensa (INC) on hallinnut Intiaa suurimman osan maan itsenäisyydestä.

Moni muslimi kuitenkin pelkäsi jäävänsä alakynteen hindujen keskellä ja toisinpäin. Yli kymmenen miljoonaa ihmistä pakeni Intiasta Pakistaniin tai Pakistanista Intiaan, ja joukkopakoihin liittyneissä väkivaltaisuuksissa kuoli jopa pari miljoonaa ihmistä.

Hindunationalisti Nathuram Godse murhasi Gandhin vuonna 1948, koska hän vihasi tämän myötämielisyyttä muslimeja kohtaan. Useampikin BJP:n poliitikko on kutsunut Godsea patriootiksi.

Moni on rinnastanut Delhin mellakat vuoden 2002 verilöylyyn Gujaratin osavaltiossa, jota Modi silloin johti. Hindupyhiinvaeltajien junan polttamisesta alkaneissa väkivaltaisuuksissa kuoli jopa parituhatta ihmistä, enimmäkseen muslimeja.

Kymmenet tuhannet muslimit pakenivat Gujaratin vainoja kodeistaan, suuri osa telttaleireille.

”Hätäapuleirit ovat itse asiassa lapsentekotehtaita. Väestön moninkertaistajien sietäisi saada opetus”, Modi sanoi tuolloin.

Myöhemmin hän väitti, että kommentin tarkoitus oli kannustaa perhesuunnitteluun riippumatta uskonnosta.

Modin vastustajat sanovat hänen sallineen kostoiskut Gujaratin muslimeja vastaan, koska poliisi ei pyrkinyt estämään niitä. BJP:tä edustanut Gujaratin sisäministeri Haren Pandya ja poliisi Sanjiv Bhatt kertoivat olleensa tapaamisessa, jossa Modi ohjeisti virkavaltaa antamaan hindujen purkaa vapaasti vihaansa muslimeja kohtaan.

Korkeimman oikeuden tutkijat kuitenkin totesivat, että syytteiden nostamiseksi Modia vastaan ei ole riittäviä todisteita. Yhdysvallat asetti Modille Gujaratin mellakoiden takia lähes kymmenen vuotta kestäneen maahantulokiellon, mutta se taipui asiassa Modin noustua pääministeriksi vuonna 2014.

Modia vastaan todistaneesta kaksikosta Pandya tapettiin autoonsa vuonna 2003 ja Bhatt tuomittiin viime vuonna elinkautiseen vankeuteen murhasta tapauksessa, jossa pidätetty ihminen kuoli poliisin hallussa vuonna 1990.

Modin suosio vain kasvoi Gujaratin mellakoiden jälkeen, ja hänen edustamansa oikeistolaita valtasi BJP:n puoluejohdon.

”Modista tuli koko Intian hindujen sankari”, Gujaratin mellakoihin perehtynyt aktivisti Nirjhari Sinha kuvaili yhdysvaltalaisen aikakauslehden The New Yorkerin joulukuussa julkaisemassa laajassa artikkelissa Modin ja hindunationalismin noususta.

”Ihmiset aidosti kokevat, että muslimit ovat terroristeja ja Modin ansiosta muslimit on viimein saatu aisoihin.”

Opposition mielestä samaan ajatteluun liittyy erityis- ja osavaltioaseman riisuminen viime vuonna Jammu ja Kashmirilta, joka oli Intian ainoa muslimienemmistöinen osavaltio.

Erityisasema oli taannut kashmirilaisille muun muassa yksinoikeuden kiinteistöjen ja maiden omistamiseen sekä osavaltion virkoihin ja sosiaalitukeen. Hallitus perusteli, että osavaltion avaaminen ulkopuolisille piristää sen taloutta, jonka huono tola on ruokkinut radikalisoitumista. Kashmirissa toimii islamistisia terroristiryhmiä.

Hillitäkseen päätöksensä aiheuttamia levottomuuksia hallitus toi Kashmirin laaksoon kymmeniä tuhansia sotilaita, vaikka niitä oli siellä jo satojatuhansia, pidätti tuhansia kashmirilaisia, rajoitti liikkumista ja katkaisi internet- ja puhelinyhteydet. Rajoituksia on yhä voimassa.

Kashmirilaiset ovat kertoneet sotilaiden tekemien ratsioiden väkivallasta ja jopa kidutuksesta. Hallitus on kiistänyt väitteet.

Hindunationalismin nousu ei liity vain BJP:n nykyiseen valtakauteen. Kulloistakin hallitusta olennaisempi tekijä on tiukan hindumielinen ruohonjuuritason järjestö Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).

RSS on tunnettu khakihousuihin ja valkoisiin paitoihin pukeutuneiden vapaaehtoistensa sotilaallisista marssiharjoituksista, mutta järjestön merkitys on pintaa syvemmällä. Se läpäisee suuren osan Intian yhteiskunnasta pyörittäen muun muassa kouluja, sairaaloita ja ammattiliittoja. Tähän jättiläisjärjestöön verrattavaa toimijaa on vaikea keksiä mistään muusta maasta.

Teekauppiaan poika Modi lähti RSS:n toimintaan kahdeksanvuotiaana ja ponnisti sen kautta politiikkaan.

RSS oli keskeinen tekijä tapahtumassa, joka edustaa ehkä Gujaratin mellakoitakin merkittävämpää taitekohta Intian uskonryhmien suhteiden rapautumisessa.

Vuonna 1992 RSS:n ja BJP:n yllyttämät hindut tuhosivat lähes 500 vuotta vanhan Baburin moskeijan Ayodhyan kaupungissa Uttar Pradeshin osavaltiossa. Moni hindu uskoo, että Vishnu-jumalan ilmentymä Rama syntyi Ayodhyassa ja että moskeijan paikalla oli alun perin hindutemppeli.

Moskeijan tuhoaminen lietsoi ympäri maata mellakoita, joissa kuoli arviolta parintuhatta ihmistä, enimmäkseen muslimeja.

Väkivaltaisuudet eivät haitanneet BJP:n suosiota. Vuonna 1996 se nousi ensi kertaa valtaan.

Intian korkein oikeus hyväksyi hindutemppelin rakentamisen tuhotun moskeijan paikalle vuosikausien pohdinnan jälkeen viime marraskuussa.

Hindunationalistit myös kirjoittavat Intian historiaa uusiksi kuvaten Indusjoen laakson muinaisen kulttuurin hindulaisena. Valtavirran historiantutkimus ei tue hallituksen ajamaa näkemystä, jonka ilmiselvä tarkoitus on pönkittää tulkintaa Intiasta hinduille kuuluvana maana.

Viime vuosina BJP:n johtamat osavaltiot ovat muuttaneet runsaasti muslimitaustaisia paikannimiä ”hindulaisemmiksi”. Monet näistä nimistä juontavat juurensa Baburin moskeijan tavoin islaminuskoisten suurmogulien kaudelle. Heidän valtakuntansa kattoi lähes koko Intian niemimaan 1600- ja 1700-luvulla, vaikka enemmistö alamaisista oli hinduja. Hindunationalistit kuvaavat mogulit vieraina valloittajina.

Erityisen paljon nimenmuutoksia on tehty parinsadan miljoonan asukkaan Uttar Pradeshissa. Osavaltiota johtaa BJP:n hindusaarnaaja ja askeetikko Yogi Adityanath, joka on julistanut varautumista uskonsotaan.

Helmikuun alussa hän kutsui uuden kansalaisuuslain vastustajia terroristeiksi, jotka yrittävät estää Intian nousun maailmanmahdiksi. Hän sanoi, että näille pitäisi ”syöttää luoteja”.

Hän on suosikkiehdokkaita Modin seuraajaksi Intian pääministerinä.

General Error
King of PIF
King of PIF

#98 Post by General Error » 27 Feb 2020, 07:52

Trollface-mies
Piffin henkinen ylläpitäjä

#99 Post by Trollface-mies » 28 Feb 2020, 17:25

Huomenna olis tämmönen ja itte oon menossa.

Pakko tunnustaa että vielä vuosi tai pari sitten en kauheesti Intian tapahtumia seurannut mutta nyt vuoden alusta tää on koskettanut sen verran vahvasti intialaisia akateemisia kollegoja että on tullut saatua melkonen crash course. Ja kun huomaa käytännössä ihmisten tuntemukset niin sitä alkaa ottaa asiat henkilökohtasemmin.

"Sen verta 100% täyttä vihaa, väkivaltaa, solvauksia, olkiukkoiluja ja huonoja käytöstapoja on kaverin ihan random postauksetkin täynnä." --Boromir

Isotooppijalostamo
King of PIF
King of PIF

#100 Post by Isotooppijalostamo » 29 Feb 2020, 00:57

"Minähän olen lapsia pureva poliisi. Minähän puhun kaiken aikaa totta."

Trollface-mies

#101 Post by Trollface-mies » 01 Mar 2020, 13:06

Höh, pääsin New Delhi Television Limitedin uutisiin :shock: Tossa videolla neljänkymmenen sekunnin kohdalla alkaa Tampereen protesti, joka oli tommonen viidentoista minuutin hiljainen hetki. Itse olen kolmas oikealta.

"Sen verta 100% täyttä vihaa, väkivaltaa, solvauksia, olkiukkoiluja ja huonoja käytöstapoja on kaverin ihan random postauksetkin täynnä." --Boromir

linttaan polettu
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

#102 Post by linttaan polettu » 01 Mar 2020, 13:14

:salut:
ImageImage

Trollface-mies

#103 Post by Trollface-mies » 06 Mar 2020, 20:23

Ääägh. Kymmenen päivää nyt lukenut näitä Delhin pogromin uutisia ja vittu tää alkaa tosiaan olla selvää että se oli hirveemmästä päästä.

Ihan vaan tuorein esimerkki.

Tyyppi siis oli moikkaamassa veljeään just kun toi mellakka -- tai joukkotuhontaa se oli -- starttasi. Valtapuolueen kannattajat hyökkäs kimppuun huutaen että Jai Shri Ram, tuikkas kaverin kämpän tuleen, ampu sitä kolme kertaa, vippas sen sinne tulipaloon ja heitti polkupyörän sen päälle vielä painoksi. Kaveri paloi elävältä. Luita myöten.

Alkaa olla semmonen olo että ei vittu :(

Rasmus-mafioso
Matti Partanen
Matti Partanen

#104 Post by Rasmus-mafioso » 06 Mar 2020, 20:29

:sad1smoker:
jaltsun villain era wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 16:27
oletin Rasmus-mafiosoa raivokkaan demariksi. :confused2smoker:

Trollface-mies

#105 Post by Trollface-mies » 07 Mar 2020, 11:30

Näitä sankarijuttujakin on ollut kohtalaisesti.