Henkisyyttä ja kultteja pitää olla

Kaikenmaailman jaarittelu ja rupattelu täällä. Kirjoittaminen vaatii rekisteröitymisen.

Moderators: Balam-Acab, Kennedy Bakircioglu Kuutio, P O L L Y

superlemmikki
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

Re: Henkisyyttä ja kultteja pitää olla

#256 Post by superlemmikki » 15 Mar 2021, 10:43

Pasi Fist wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:29
superlemmikki wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:16
Pasi Fist wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:10
"Ihan mennään kuluttajaviranomaisen suositushintojen mukaan palveluissamme", toteaa selkänahkanylkyri Teppo Tolkku Valhemedia Oysta.
:ot: mutta jotenkin tosi elävästi mieleen tuli ja korvissa soi Radio Sodoman Sodoman Uutisissa kommentin antanut ministeriön keskitysleiriosaston johtaja joka sanoi "Kaikki tehdään lain mukaan ihan että kaikki tehdään lain mukaan"
Laillisuuteen vetoaminen ei perustele mitenkään onko joku moraalisesti oikein. Sodat, orjuutus, apartheid, natsien joukkotuhonta jne. oli kaikki lakia noudattaen ja lakiin vedoten toteutettuja tekoja.
Näinhän se on eikä muuta taidettu väittääkkään tuossa offtopicissa mielen päälle kohonneesta audiomuistosta.
Häiritsevä déjà vu -laskuri 2024: 2 (2023: 10, 2022: 18, 2021:19, 2020:23)
[url=//imgur.com/4inmSsP]
Muista että, et nauti Persus Makeis Sekoomuksesta, vaan se nauttii sinusta. Sinä et syö sitä, vaan se syö sinut.

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#257 Post by Pasi Fist » 15 Mar 2021, 15:10

superlemmikki wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:43
Pasi Fist wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:29
superlemmikki wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:16
Pasi Fist wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:10
"Ihan mennään kuluttajaviranomaisen suositushintojen mukaan palveluissamme", toteaa selkänahkanylkyri Teppo Tolkku Valhemedia Oysta.
:ot: mutta jotenkin tosi elävästi mieleen tuli ja korvissa soi Radio Sodoman Sodoman Uutisissa kommentin antanut ministeriön keskitysleiriosaston johtaja joka sanoi "Kaikki tehdään lain mukaan ihan että kaikki tehdään lain mukaan"
Laillisuuteen vetoaminen ei perustele mitenkään onko joku moraalisesti oikein. Sodat, orjuutus, apartheid, natsien joukkotuhonta jne. oli kaikki lakia noudattaen ja lakiin vedoten toteutettuja tekoja.
Näinhän se on eikä muuta taidettu väittääkkään tuossa offtopicissa mielen päälle kohonneesta audiomuistosta.
Olennaista sanoa kun tälläkin lankulla on noita legalisteja joiden mielestä jokainen laki on taivaasta säädetty, eikä niitä pitäisi kuin sokeasti noudattaa kyseenalaistamatta niiden tarkoitusperiä.
T H E B I G G E S T E N E M Y O F F R E E D O M I S A S A T I S F I E D S L A V E

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#258 Post by Pasi Fist » 16 Mar 2021, 09:40

Sillä välin Australiassa:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... me-forward
NSW cult leader charged with keeping sex slave as police urge more victims to come forward

Former defence force member allegedly made woman sign slavery contract, wear collar and get tattooed

A cult leader in regional New South Wales is accused of subjecting a woman to physical, sexual and psychological abuse on a daily basis for years.

The 40-year-old former Australian defence force member was arrested in Armidale last Thursday.

Police allege the man manipulated the woman in Sydney between 2012 and 2015 as part of a cult.

The woman “was coerced, manipulated and threatened to be involved in a bondage lifestyle where there was alleged coercion and control”, Australian federal police assistant commissioner Justine Gough said on Tuesday.

The woman was held in “slave-like conditions”, with a slavery contract, a slave collar and a slave tattoo, Gough said. He threatened to kill her if she escaped.

Police said they hoped any other victims would come forward in light of the arrest.

After the man’s arrest, 50 officers searched his property for 15 hours. They seized a large volume of material including documents, phones, cameras and computers.

The arrest comes after the ABC’s 4 Corners program reported on the cult on Monday.

Despite the man posting about his activities on social media, it was the media investigation that gave police the detail they needed to lay charges, Gough said.

The man’s charges include reducing a person to slavery, intentionally possessing a slave, and causing a person to enter servitude. The maximum penalties are between 15 and 25 years in prison.

Gough warned generally that human trafficking can occur in plain sight. She urged community members to report anything that seemed unusual, given that victims were often too scared to come forward.

“Their movements are restricted, their financial affairs are controlled, identity documents are withheld and their identity is significantly destroyed,” she said. “It’s a desperate and difficult situation.”

For every one human trafficking victim who was detected, there were up to four undetected cases in Australia.

The man is to appear before Armidale local court on Wednesday, after being formally refused bail in the same court on Friday.
Jutussa mainittu pätkä kultista:
T H E B I G G E S T E N E M Y O F F R E E D O M I S A S A T I S F I E D S L A V E

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#259 Post by Pasi Fist » 23 Mar 2021, 05:48

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/preac ... r-BB1ePOSD
Preachers and their $5,000 sneakers: Why one man started an Instagram account showing churches’ wealth

From his couch in Dallas, Ben Kirby began asking questions about the lifestyles of the rich and famous pastors when he was watching some worship songs on YouTube on a Sunday morning in 2019. While listening to a song by Elevation Worship, a megachurch based in Charlotte, the evangelical churchgoer noticed the lead singer’s Yeezy sneakers were worth nearly the amount of his first rent check.

Rapper Kanye West sports Yeezy shoes during a meeting with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington D.C. on Oct. 11, 2018.

Kirby posted to his 400 followers on Instagram, “Hey Elevation Worship, how much you paying your musicians that they can afford $800 kicks? Let me get on the payroll!”

Plus, Kirby wondered, how could the church’s pastor, Steven Furtick, one of the most popular preachers in the country, afford a new designer outfit nearly every week?

With a friend’s encouragement, Kirby started a new Instagram account @PreachersNSneakers posting screenshots of pastors next to price tags and the street value of shoes they were wearing. Within a month, the account had attracted 100,000 followers.

“At the beginning, it was easy for me to make jokes about it,” he said. “Some of the outfits are absurd, so it’s easy to laugh at some of the designer pieces. The price tags are outlandish.”

On his feed, Kirby has showcased Seattle pastor Judah Smith’s $3,600 Gucci jacket, Dallas pastor T.D. Jakes’s $1,250 Louboutin fanny pack and Miami pastor Guillermo Maldonado’s $2,541 Ricci crocodile belt. And he considers Paula White, former president Donald Trump’s most trusted pastoral adviser who is often photographed in designer items, a PreachersNSneakers “content goldmine,” posting a photo of her wearing $785 Stella McCartney sneakers.

As the Instagram account grew, Kirby started asking more serious questions about wealth, class and consumerism, including whether it’s appropriate to generate massive revenue from selling the gospel of Jesus.

“I began asking, how much is too much?” Kirby said. “Is it okay to get rich off of preaching about Jesus? Is it okay to be making twice as much as the median income of your congregation?”

The Washington Post tried to contact several pastors featured on the Instagram account for comment, including Carl Lentz, White and Jakes, but none of them replied.

For the past two years, Kirby has posted and podcasted without sharing his real name, but recently he decided to share his real identity with The Post with the release of his new book, “PreachersNsneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities.”

Kirby, 31, who grew up in a Christian home schooling family in Ruston, La., holds a degree in marketing management and an MBA. He attends a nondenominational church and considers himself an evangelical, he said, “not as in, ‘Trump is the chosen one,’ but I believe in sharing my faith.”

When Kirby began showcasing pastors’ high fashion, he was putting dollar signs on designer items for everyone to see just how expensive the clothing items were valued, said Whitney Bauck, a journalist who writes about ethically sourced fashion and first wrote about the Instagram account.

“He is someone who gets Christianity enough and gets fashion enough, but also has a really critical eye,” Bauck said. “He’s not a known professional in either space, so he was willing to say things that people in those spaces weren’t.”

Kirby’s father is a family-practice doctor, so he grew up in what he describes as a “comfortable but modest lifestyle,” where his parents gave generously to their church. He remembers feeling confused when he saw his “Pastor Charles” driving a royal blue Harley Davidson cruiser, worth more than one year of his parent’s tithes. That’s when, he said, he realized that there was a “somewhat fuzzy line” between successful ministry and booming business.

In his new book, Kirby highlights a nationwide trend of pastors wearing oversize glasses, tight jeans and pricey kicks who look like they belong at “your local craft-cocktail watering hole instead of church.”

“Gone are the days of a choir, suited up pastor and random people sitting in velvet chairs onstage. No,” Kirby writes. “Now it’s a U2 incarnate worship band, perfectly placed LED wash lights and a pastor … motivating, edgy and might even let a cuss word slip if you’re lucky.”

From suits to denim, many pastors of all kinds of denominations have shifted in their dress in recent years. The Rev. Melech Thomas, who was born in Baltimore and now pastors an AME church near Raleigh, N.C. said he started attending a Black church in the 1990s, when all the pastors wore black suits. He watched as a generation of young Black male youth pastors began trying to reach a hip-hop generation by wearing jeans and Jordans.

“First it was a theological statement,” Thomas said. “Now it’s a statement of status.”

Thomas, who has been a minister in places with lower-income populations, said he buys most of his clothes from places that set an example to his followers that they don’t have to go into debt to impress people.

“They’re making deliberate choices with the DaVinci, the Prada,” Thomas said. “It seems like they’re choosing to do ministry to people who can afford shoes like that.”

In his book, Kirby writes that these pastors who have enormous social media followings aren’t simply pastors anymore, he writes. Often they are motivational speakers, corporate coaches and leadership consultants. Kirby said he has heard of churches where a volunteer was designated solely for the purpose of carrying the pastor’s Bible. Often, he writes, these pastors have private entrances, reserved parking spaces, security details and a gaggle of personal assistants or handlers. And, often, they promise blessings from God to their followers if their followers bless the church.

“Like Hollywood — a world so often criticized by the pietistic — these institutions and their leaders celebrate and reward the ‘blessing’ of fame, popularity and influence,” he writes. “Pastors function like ‘talent’ performing for an audience or like a spokesman for the church’s ‘brand.’ ”

In recent years, the line between who is a pastor and who is a celebrity has been blurred. Kirby notes how often Hollywood celebrities and preacher celebrities will be seen together in social media posts, such as Lentz playing basketball with Drake, pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr. FaceTimeing with Justin Bieber or pastor Craig Groeschel hanging out with Kanye West at his ranch in Wyoming.

Tim Gloege, a historian who wrote a book called “Guaranteed Pure” about marketing in evangelicalism, said fashion has always been important in religion. In Catholicism, dress was once simple and drawing on ancient Roman dress before liturgical dress became quite regal. The dress was so elaborate that it was the theme of the 2018 Met Gala.
High church meets high fashion: How Catholic style took over the Met

During the Protestant Reformation, Gloege said, clergy dress became more academic during a movement toward simplicity.

But in the early 20th century, an evangelist named D.L. Moody made a big splash by dressing in business attire instead of clerical dress. Moody’s business attire made a class statement by associating himself with the respected leaders of his day, according to Gloege, and other pastors began to follow his example.

“Dress often reflects who people currently admire, and how you generate authority in society,” he said. “Do you trust the Koch brothers or George Clooney?”

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the median salary for clergy was $53,180 in 2019, but Kirby’s Instagram feed showcases how a nationwide evangelical market has become lucrative for leaders with celebrity status. Like other social media influencers, sometimes these pastors are gifted the shoes and clothes they wear.

Kirby notes how the fancy-sneaker-wearing preacher trend has taken off while the resale market for sneakers has also boomed. In 2019, Kirby posted a picture of Pastor John Gray wearing the coveted Nike Air Yeezy 2 Red Octobers, selling at the time on the resale market for more than $5,600. If a pastor buys or receives a new pair of shoes as a gift with a lucrative resale value and chooses to wear them, it can demonstrate to followers that he can afford to not resell them.

Across the United States, the biggest-name pastors and worship leaders produce best-selling books and albums, often earning huge salaries and housing allowances from their churches. And many of the biggest churches, which do not have to disclose their revenue publicly, often generate opulent untaxed revenue.

In recent years, West has helped to bring merchandise into churches with his creation of “Sunday Service,” eventually selling $50 socks that said “Jesus Walks” and $225 crewneck sweatshirts with “Holy Spirit” on the front. Many megachurches began follow, developing their own merch with streetwear elements.

Since starting the Instagram account, Kirby has been dipping his own toes into the evangelical marketplace, entering a world that he has so openly critiqued. Like church leaders, his income is partially dependent on his podcast advertising and book sales, and he sells merch based off the brand. The difference, he said in a later clarification, is that he doesn’t leverage his position as a congregation’s spiritual leader, asking people to donate to a ministry that builds his personal brand.

He has had his own brushes with fame, texting with people such as once-major megachurch preacher Lentz, befriending Joel McHale of the TV show “Community” and attending a Super Bowl party thrown by NBA star Carmelo Anthony.

Kirby doesn’t want Christians to abandon fashion or celebrities, but he does want more transparency and accountability.

“I’m getting people to question the status quo within the church and hopefully push for a reevaluation of what we value,” he said. “People aren’t going to reach God without this guy wearing Yeezys? Come on.”

This story has been updated to correct the spellings of Ruston, La. and Joel McHale’s name. An early version of Kirby’s book suggested that Kirby had been to churches where a volunteer was designated for carrying a pastor’s Bible. He later clarified that he has heard of those churches.

natsitohtori

#260 Post by natsitohtori » 24 Mar 2021, 13:57

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#261 Post by Pasi Fist » 25 Mar 2021, 10:01

Tämmönen:

Lord Bob
-=Lord Bob Of PIF=-
-=Lord Bob Of PIF=-

#262 Post by Lord Bob » 25 Mar 2021, 17:56

Jutelkaa tästäkin jotain https://areena.yle.fi/1-50738491
hu hu hu bvuuh, huu bvuuh, huu bvuuh, huu bvuuh

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#263 Post by Pasi Fist » 26 Mar 2021, 06:23

Lord Bob wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 17:56
Jutelkaa tästäkin jotain https://areena.yle.fi/1-50738491
Kuuluu kyllä topikkiin nämä tämän sarjan henkiset hurisijat.

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#264 Post by Pasi Fist » 27 Mar 2021, 08:06

Maksumuurin takana tällänen:

https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000007884144.html
Ruotsin prinssi Carl Philipin kirja väittää, että lukivaikeus on supervoima – Tutkijasta äänikirja on täynnä huuhaata ja disinformaatiota: ”Järkyttävää”

Äänikirjassa todistellaan, miten lukivaikeus lisää luovuutta, vaikka tutkija Minna Torpan mukaan tällaisesta ei ole tutkimuksellista näyttöä.

superlemmikki
-=00King Of PIF00=-
-=00King Of PIF00=-

#265 Post by superlemmikki » 27 Mar 2021, 09:41

Pasi Fist wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 08:06
Maksumuurin takana tällänen:

https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000007884144.html
Ruotsin prinssi Carl Philipin kirja väittää, että lukivaikeus on supervoima – Tutkijasta äänikirja on täynnä huuhaata ja disinformaatiota: ”Järkyttävää”

Äänikirjassa todistellaan, miten lukivaikeus lisää luovuutta, vaikka tutkija Minna Torpan mukaan tällaisesta ei ole tutkimuksellista näyttöä.
PÄÄMÄÄRÄ on lisätä ymmärrystä erilaisuudesta.

Storytelin torstaina julkaisemassa kirjassa Lukivaikeus supervoimana luvataan kertoa, millaisia vahvuuksia ja vaikeuksia lukivaikeus aiheuttaa. Siihen on haastateltu asiantuntijoita ja dysleksiasta kärsiviä.

Äänikirja on Ruotsin prinssiparin säätiön ja ruotsalaisen äänikirjapalvelu Storytelin yhteinen tuotanto, mutta tekijäksi on laitettu ruotsalaissäätiö. Prinssi Carl Philipillä on lukivaikeus, ja hän on nostanut aihetta esille puolisonsa kanssa perustaman säätiön kautta.

Säätiö kokosi kirjan tutkimuksellisen pohjan jo Ruotsi-versioon, joka julkaistiin viime syksynä nimellä Älskade dyslexi.

Suomalaisversiota on täydennetty dysleksiaa kokeneiden suomalaisten haastatteluilla.

KUSTANTAJA kertoo, että ”kirjan tuotannossa ovat olleet mukana myös laulaja Robin Packalen ja artistia edustavan Universal Music Finlandin brändikumppanuuksista vastaava tiimi”.

Laulaja Packalen lukee äänikirjan ja avaa sen alussa omia kokemuksiaan lukivaikeuksista, mutta ei ole ole Storytelin mukaan muuten osallistunut sisällöntuotantoon. Hänet haluttiin Storytelin mukaan lukijaksi kirjaan, koska kaivattiin ”valovoimaista henkilöä”, joka on aiemmin puhunut lukivaikeudesta.

Ruotsalaisen version esipuheen luki prinssi Carl Philip, lopun kirjan luki lukivaikeuksista kärsinyt artisti Linda Pira.

KIRJASSA selitetään, että joillekin lukivaikeus on kuin ”paras ystävä tai upea lahja”, sillä se auttaa havaitsemaan jotain, mitä lukihäiriöttömät eivät näe.

Dyslektikot voivat esimerkiksi nähdä isossa tietomäärässä kaavoja, kirja väittää.

Brittiläinen näyttelijä Keira Knightley kertoo kirjassa haluavansa rohkaista dysleksialapsia.

”Dyslektikon aivot toimivat eri tavalla kuin muiden. Sen vuoksi dyslektikko myös ajattelee toisella tavalla.”

APULAISPROFESSORI Minna Torppa Jyväskylän yliopiston opettajankoulutuslaitokselta luki teoksen läpi HS:n pyynnöstä.

”Kauhistuin”, Torppa sanoo.

”Kirjassa on pitkin poikin väitteitä, joista puuttuu evidenssi.”

Tutkimusväitteitä voi hänestä nimittää disinformaatioksi, vääräksi ja harhaanjohtavaksi tiedoksi.

”Järkyttävää”, Torppa sanoo.

Torppa on psykologian tohtori, joka tutkii muun muassa lukutaidon kehittymiseen liittyviä riskitekijöitä ja oppimisvaikeuksien yhteyttä lasten ja nuorten hyvinvointiin.

”Minä en ymmärrä, mitä hyötyä vääristä tutkimustiedoista on dyslektikoille.”

Prinssin säätiön hyvä päämäärä auttaa lukivaikeudesta kärsiviä pilataan ”mukatieteellä”, Torppa sanoo.

NÄYTTELIJÄ Knightleynkaan väite ei ole täsmälleen tosi, sanoo Torppa. Lukivaikeuteen kyllä liittyy se, että aivot prosessoivat puheääntä eri tavalla kuin tavallisilla lukijoilla.

”Se ei tarkoita, että aivot toimisivat kokonaisuutena eri lailla, eikä sitä että ajattelu olisi erilaista.”

Kirjassa dyslektikoista puhutaan myös usein yhtenäisenä laumana, vaikka Torpan mukaan tiedetään, ettei se ole totta. Vaikeuden vakavuus vaihtelee yksilöittäin.

Suomalaisnäyttelijä Minka Kuustonen kertoo kirjassa: ”Dysleksia on ehdottomasti voimavara, kunhan kunnioittaa ja vaalii omaa tapaansa oppia ja ratkaista asioita.”

Tämä on Torpasta hyvä näkökulma. Sinnikkyys ja oman oppimistavan ja vahvuuksien löytäminen auttaa pärjäämään lukivaikeuden kanssa. Uudet tavat oppia ja toimia voivat myös osoittautua voimavaraksi monin eri tavoin.

Lukivaikeuksien tunnistaminen koetaan usein helpotuksena, kun saa koetuille vaikeuksille nimen ja selityksen.

”Kun huomaa sen, että tämä on vain yksi piirre minussa, on usein helpompi käsitellä asiaa ja mennä omia vahvuuksia kohti. Lukivaikeudesta ei automaattisesti seuraa tiettyjä vahvuuksia, kuten kirjassa esitetään. Meillä on kaikilla omat vahvuutemme ja heikkoutemme, ja lisäksi ympäristömme vaikuttaa siihen, millaisiksi muovaudumme.”

KIRJAN ongelma ei ole yksittäisten dyslektikkojen kokemukset, Torppa sanoo, vaan se, mitä kirjassa väitetään tieteelliseksi tutkituksi tiedoksi. Siinä on hyvin vähän varsinaista lukemisen tutkimusta.

Teoksessa molekyylibiologian professori Gunnar Bjursell selittää, että evoluutio olisi pyyhkinyt dyslektiset piirteet pois, jos ne olisivat hyödyttömiä ihmiselle. Dyslektikko on kirjan mukaan voinut nähdä vaaran ennen muita.

Kirjassa esitetään ilman lähdettä väite, ettei ”ihmislaji olisi kenties edes selvinnyt ilman dyslektikkoja”.

Näkemys evoluutiosta on Torpasta yksi ongelmallisimpia osuuksia. Hänestä on vaikea nähdä, miten lukivaikeudet olisivat voineet sadassa vuodessa vaikuttaa evoluutioon. Väitteet perustuvat virheelliseen oletukseen, että lukemisen vaikeuteen liittyisi automaattisesti joitain ominaisuuksia, joita tarvittiin tuhansia vuosia sitten.

”Savannipuheet ovat ihan huuhaahöpöhöpöä”, Torppa sanoo.

Kirjassa käydään vain nopeasti ja pintapuolisesti läpi, mitä lukeminen itse asiassa on. Kirjassa korostuu näköaistia painottava malli, josta lukivaikeustutkimus lähti liikkeelle. Nykytutkimuksessa lukemisen nähdään perustuvan puhekielen äänteiden ja kirjoitetun kielen yhdistämiseen, johon tarvitaan monia taitoja.

Pitää tunnistaa, että sanat koostuvat äänteistä, Torppa sanoo. Pitää tunnistaa kirjaimet. Pitää oppia yhdistämään kirjaimiin oikeat äänteet. Pitää pystyä yhdistelemään äänteitä ja kirjaimia tavuiksi ja sanoiksi. Pitää liittää sanat ja lauseet niiden merkityksiin. Kaikki nämä prosessit tapahtuvat yhtä aikaa salamannopeasti.

Lukivaikeus tarkoittaa usein sitä, että lukeminen ei automatisoidu.

Lukivaikeus kuitenkaan ei ilmene aina samalla tavalla, vaan vaikeuksia voi olla missä vain eri taidoissa, joita lukemisessa tarvitaan. Vaikeus voidaan myös havaita lapsena, nuorena tai aikuisena.

”Siksi myös koetut vaikeudet ovat erilaisia”, Torppa sanoo.

KIRJASSA ihmiset jaetaan kahteen ryhmään: paikallistiedon ja laajojen kokonaisuuksien hallitsijoihin. Dyslektikot kuuluvat kirjan mukaan jälkimmäiseen.

”Mikä se paikallistieto edes on?” Torppa kysyy.

Hänestä aivotutkimuksellisessa osuudessa mennään metsään siinä, että aivot nähdään yksinkertaisena, kaksiosaisena elimenä.

Dyslektikot ovat kirjan mukaan parempia oikean aivopuoliskon ohjailemissa asioissa. Niitä ovat taiteellinen lahjakkuus, näkömuisti ja hahmon muistaminen. Vasemmalle puolelle jäävät kielet, logiikka ja matematiikka.

Tämä on selittävinään, miksi lukivaikeuden omaavia on paljon keksijöissä, taiteilijoissa ja yrittäjissä. Kirjassa mainitaan esimerkiksi yrittäjä-poliitikko Hjallis Harkimo ja laulaja Arttu Wiskari.

YHDYSVALTALAINEN tutkijapariskunta Brock ja Fernette Eide nostetaan lukivaikeuden ja oppimisen variaatioiden asiantuntijoiksi. He ovat kirjoittaneet teoksen The Advantage of Dyslexia (Lukivaikeuden edut, 2011).

Heidän mallissaan dyslektikon vahvuudet on jaettu neljään lajiin: kolmiulotteisten esineiden näkemiseen, kokonaisuuksien hahmotuskykyyn, kertomukselliseen muistamiseen ja jatkumoiden ymmärtämiseen.

Näiden kykyjen takia dysleksikkoja on kirjan mukaan runsaasti esimerkiksi arkkitehteina.

Dyslektikot eivät ole lahjakkaampia, mutta he ovat muita luovempia, kirja kertoo. He ovat hyviä kertomaan tarinoita ja ennakoimaan tapahtumia.

Minna Torpasta Lukivaikeus supervoimana perustuu sitkeälle myytille siitä, että lukivaikeudet liittyvät erityisesti luovuuteen.

Torpasta lukivaikeus ei estä luovuutta, mutta lukivaikeudesta ei myöskään automaattisesti seuraa luovuutta.

Hänestä on myös huomattava, että lukivaikeus ei liity ongelmiin älykkyydessä, mutta lukivaikeuteen liittyy usein myös kielellistä, matematiikan ja suunnittelun vaikeutta.

”Se on oikea olemassa oleva asia ja se on oikeasti raskasta”, Torppa sanoo.

KIRJA kertoo päämääräkseen, ettei lukivaikeus olisi tulevaisuudessa toimintahäiriö vaan yksi ”taipumus muiden joukossa”. Nyt se on neuropsykologinen häiriö kuten adhd tai autismi.

Tällainen päämäärä on Torpasta erikoinen johtopäätös, koska kirjassa viitataan toistuvasti eroihin aivoissa. Neuropsykologinen vaikeus tarkoittaa sitä, että vaikeudet liittyvät aivoihin, esimerkiksi aivojen erilaiseen tiedon prosessointiin.

Neuropsykologisten vaikeuksien tunnistaminen on tärkeää, jotta ihmiset voivat hakea apua ongelmiinsa.

Eräs kirjaan haastateltu yritysjohtaja sanoo:

”Viidentoista vuoden kuluttua kaikki haluavat lukivaikeuden tai adhd:n. Ihmiset tajuavat, että se on supervoima, ja silloin siitä tulee yhtäkkiä muotia. Meidän aikamme tulee vielä.”

Tällainen ajattelu saattaa nostaa turhia toiveita. Torpasta lukivaikeuksien merkitys ei ole vähenemässä. Tekstipainotteisuus tuskin häviää maailmasta viidessätoista vuodessa.

OIKEAA, TUTKITTUAKIN tietoa on saatavilla. Minna Torppa suosittelee tutustumaan oppimisvaikeuksiin keskittyvän Niilo Mäki -instituutin tuottamaan materiaaliin.

Instituutti on julkaissut muun muassa podcast-sarjan oppimisvaikeuksista.

Kolmannessa osassa kerrotaan, miten saa lukivaikeuksista kärsivän lapsen innostumaan lukemisesta.

PRINSSI Carl Philip on tehnyt suomalaisille tervehdysvideon. Hän puhuu syistä, miksi äänikirja on julkaistu. Tarkoitus on häivyttää leimaa lukivaikeuden ympäriltä ja vahvistaa lasten uskoa itseensä.

Prinssi toistaa kirjassa kuullut väitteet siitä, että lukivaikeus voi aiheuttaa luovuutta, ongelmanratkaisutaitoja ja kykyä hahmottaa isoja kokonaisuuksia.

”Dysleksia voi olla supervoimasi”, hän sanoo englanniksi.

”Kiitos paljon”, hän sanoo suomeksi.
Häiritsevä déjà vu -laskuri 2024: 2 (2023: 10, 2022: 18, 2021:19, 2020:23)
[url=//imgur.com/4inmSsP]
Muista että, et nauti Persus Makeis Sekoomuksesta, vaan se nauttii sinusta. Sinä et syö sitä, vaan se syö sinut.

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#266 Post by Pasi Fist » 29 Mar 2021, 15:34

^---Thnx

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#267 Post by Pasi Fist » 02 Apr 2021, 14:19

Hyvältä sarjalta vaikuttaa. Tässä uusi osa.

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#268 Post by Pasi Fist » 06 Apr 2021, 02:18

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... cs-decline
'Allergic reaction to US religious right' fueling decline of religion, experts say

Percentage of churchgoing Americans is steadily falling, and the swirl of rightwing politics and Christianity is playing a key role

Fewer than half of Americans belong to a house of worship, a new study shows, but religion – and Christianity in particular – continues to have an outsize influence in US politics, especially because it is declining faster among Democrats than Republicans.

Just 47% of the US population are members of a church, mosque or synagogue, according to a survey by Gallup, down from 70% two decades ago – in part a result of millennials turning away from religion but also, experts say, a reaction to the swirling mix of rightwing politics and Christianity pursued by the Republican party.

The evidence comes as Republicans in some states have pursued extreme “Christian nationalist” policies, attempting to force their version of Christianity on an increasingly uninterested public.

This week the governor of Arkansas signed a law allowing doctors to refuse to treat LGBTQ people on religious grounds, and other states are exploring similar legislation.

Gallup began asking Americans about their church membership in 1937 – and for decades the number was always above 70%. That began to change in 2000, and the number has steadily dropped ever since.

Some of the decline is attributable to changing generations, with about 66% of people born before 1946 are still members of a church, compared to just 36% of millennials.

Among other groups Gallup reported, the decline in church membership stands out among self-identified Democrats and independents. The number of Democratic church members dropped by 25% over the 20 year period, with independents decreasing by 18%. Republican church members declined too, but only by 12%.

David Campbell, professor and chair of the University of Notre Dame’s political science department and co-author of American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us, said a reason for the decline among those groups is political – an “allergic reaction to the religious right”.

“Many Americans – especially young people – see religion as bound up with political conservatism, and the Republican party specifically,” Campbell said.

“Since that is not their party, or their politics, they do not want to identify as being religious. Young people are especially allergic to the perception that many – but by no means all – American religions are hostile to LGBTQ rights.”

Research by Campbell shows that a growing number of Americans have turned away from religion as politicians – particularly Republicans – have mixed religion with their politics. Campbell says there has always been an ebb and flow in American adherence to religion, but he thinks the current decline is likely to continue.

“I see no sign that the religious right, and Christian nationalism, is fading. Which in turn suggests that the allergic reaction will continue to be seen – and thus more and more Americans will turn away from religion,” he said.

The number of people who identify as non-religious has grown steadily in recent decades, according to Michele Margolis, associate professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania and author of From Politics to the Pews. More than 20% of all Americans are classed as “nones”, Margolis said, and more than a third of Americans under 30.

“That means non-identification is going to continue becoming a larger share of population over time as cohort replacement continues to occur,” Margolis said. But she agreed another factor is the rightwing’s infusion of politics with theism.

“As religion has been closed linked with conservative politics, we’ve had Democrats opting out of organized religion, or being less involved, and Republicans opting in,” she said.

Christian nationalists – who believe America was established as, and should remain, a Christian country – have pushed a range of measures to thrust their version of religion into American life.

In states including Louisiana, Arkansas and Florida, Republicans have introduced legislation which would variously hack away at LGTBQ rights, reproductive rights, challenge the ability of couples to adopt children, and see religion forced into classrooms.

The governor of Arkansas recently signed into law a bill that allows medical workers to refuse to treat LGBTQ people on religious grounds. Montana is set to pass a law which would allow people or businesses to discriminate, based on religion, against the LGBTQ community.

“Do not make me NOT do what my God tells me I have to do,” said Republican Montana congressman John Fuller, a supporter of the law.

Alison Gill, vice-president for legal and policy at American Atheists, who authored a report into the creep of Christian extremism in the US, warned that the drop-off in religious adherence in America could actually accelerate that effort, rather than slow it down.

“Surveys of those who identify with Christian nationalist beliefs consistently show that this group feels that they are subject to more discrimination and marginalization than any other group in society, including Islamic people, Black people, atheists, [and] Jewish people,” Gill said.

“They are experiencing their loss of prominence in American culture as an unacceptable attack on their beliefs -- and this is driving much of the efforts we are seeing to cling onto power, undermine democracy, and fight for ‘religious freedom’ protections that apply only to them.”

The influence of religion over politics is stark, Gill said.

“America perceives itself to be a predominantly religious society, even if the facts no longer agree. Politicians often feel beholden to pronounce their religious faith – and are attacked for a perceived lack of it,” she said.

While the danger of a right-wing backlash is real, Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-founder of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said that the Gallup data suggests the US is moving in a positive direction.

“We have this constitutional separation of church and state in America, and our constitution is godless, and it says you can’t have a religious test for public office, and yet you virtually have to wear religion on your sleeve in order to be elected,” Gaylor said.

“There is movement [away from religion], and we’re just delighted to see this. We think it’s great that Americans are finally waking up.”

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#269 Post by Pasi Fist » 12 Apr 2021, 06:44

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000007913120.html
Poliisi keskeytti rajoitusten vastaisen yleisökokoontumisen Espoossa

Poliisi joutui keskeyttämään puhetilaisuuden kahdesti. Toisella keskeyttämiskerralla poliisi otti kiinni kaksi epäiltynä niskoittelusta poliisia vastaan. Kiinniotetuille annetaan sakko.

Poliisi keskeytti kokoontumis­rajoitusten vastaisen yleisökokoontumisen Espoon Leppävaarassa sunnuntaina aamulla. Läkkitorille oli kokoontunut parikymmentä ihmistä.

Poliisi sai ilmoituksen kokoontumisesta noin kello 10.30. Tilaisuudesta ei ollut tullut poliisille ilmoitusta etukäteen.

Rikoskomisario Ilmari Hallamaa Länsi-Uudenmaan poliisista kertoo, että kyseessä oli uskonnollisen yhteisön pitämä puhetilaisuus.

”Poliisilla ei tietoa, että tilaisuus olisi suoranaisesti liittynyt koronarajoituksiin.”

Tilaisuuden keskeytyminen sujui poliisin mukaan rauhallisesti ja voimakeinoja sen keskeyttämiseen ei tarvittu. Poliisi neuvotteli tilaisuuden järjestäjän kanssa, jonka jälkeen poliisi antoi poistumiskäskyn. Tässä vaiheessa ihmiset hajaantuivat ja poistuivat paikalta.

Poliisi jatkoi valvontaa Läkkitorilla tilaisuuden keskeyttämisen jälkeen. Hetken päästä poliisi havaitsi puhetilaisuuden jatkuvan ja keräävän edelleen ihmisiä paikalle. Poliisi keskeytti tilaisuuden uudestaan ja otti kiinni kaksi ihmistä epäiltynä niskoittelusta poliisia vastaan.

Tämän jälkeen tilanne loppui ja paikalle kokoontuneet poistuivat. Kiinniotetuille annetaan sakko.

Hallamaan arvion mukaan koko tilanne kesti kymmenisen minuuttia.

Etelä-Suomen aluehallinto­viraston päätöksen mukaisesti yli kuuden hengen yleisötilaisuudet on kielletty 30. huhtikuuta saakka. Hallamaa muistuttaa, että kokoontumisen laadulla ei ole merkitystä. Jos kuuden hengen määrä ylittyy, tilaisuus on kokoontumislain vastainen yleinen kokous ja poliisin on siten keskeytettävä se.

Kuuden hengen kokoontumisrajoitus on voimassa Uusimaan lisäksi Etelä-Karjalassa, Kanta-Hämeessä, Kymenlaaksossa ja Päijät-Hämeessä.

Pasi Fist
Resident Anarchist

#270 Post by Pasi Fist » 13 May 2021, 06:40

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... en-charged
Seven charged after mummified body of cult leader found in Colorado home

Leader of a group called Love Has Won was found decorated with Christmas lights and glitter in what appeared to be a shrine

Prosecutors have charged seven people after the mummified body of the leader of a spiritual group called Love Has Won was found decorated with Christmas lights and glitter in what appeared to be a shrine in a southern Colorado home.

Amy Carlson, 45, who was known as “Mother God” by her followers, was found dead in a home in the tiny, rural town of Moffat on 28 April, according to arrest affidavits. Each of the defendants is facing charges related to tampering with or abusing a corpse as well as child abuse.

A coroner’s office has not said how or when Carlson died.

One of Carlson’s followers, who has not been charged, told investigators that he took in the group because they needed a place to stay, and he found the body in a back bedroom when he returned home from a trip to Denver. He called police and said he believed the group had brought Carlson’s body to his home from California.

“The mummified remains appeared to be set up in some type of shrine” and “have what appears to be glitter type makeup on around the eyes”, according to the affidavits. Investigators searched an SUV on the property and said the backseat was laid down in a position “consistent with someone transporting the mummified remains”.

Two children – a 13-year-old girl and a two-year-old boy – were in the home at the time, which presumably led to the child abuse charges. The follower who reported the body also told investigators that he was prevented from leaving the home with his son, prompting a false imprisonment charge against one of the defendants.

According to the affidavits, the sheriff’s office has received “many complaints” from families across the country saying Love Has Won is brainwashing people and stealing their money.

Carlson’s followers believe she communicated with angels and that she was leading them to a great awakening, the Denver Post has reported. The group, which established itself in southern Colorado in 2018, offers “spiritual intuitive ascension sessions” and sells spiritual healing products online.