https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1
AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019
By JAMES LaPORTA
2 hours ago
Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.
The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.
The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials.
ADVERTISEMENT
Bolton declined to comment Monday when asked by the AP if he had briefed Trump about the matter in 2019. On Sunday, he suggested to NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Trump was claiming ignorance of Russia’s provocations to justify his administration’s lack of a response.
“He can disown everything if nobody ever told him about it,” Bolton said.
The revelations cast new doubt on the White House’s efforts to distance Trump from the Russian intelligence assessments. The AP reported Sunday that concerns about Russian bounties were also included in a second written presidential daily briefing earlier this year and that current national security adviser Robert O’Brien had discussed the matter with Trump. O’Brien denies he did so.
On Monday night, O’Brien said that while the intelligence assessments regarding Russian bounties “have not been verified,” the administration has “been preparing should the situation warrant action.”
The administration’s earlier awareness of the Russian efforts raises additional questions about why Trump did not take any punitive action against Moscow for efforts that put the lives of Americans servicemembers at risk. Trump has sought throughout his time in office to improve relations with Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin, moving earlier this year to try to reinstate Russia as part of a group of world leaders it had been kicked out of.
Officials said they did not consider the intelligence assessments in 2019 to be particularly urgent, given that Russian meddling in Afghanistan is not a new occurrence. The officials with knowledge of Bolton’s apparent briefing for Trump said it contained no “actionable intelligence,” meaning the intelligence community did not have enough information to form a strategic plan or response. However, the classified assessment of Russian bounties was the sole purpose of the meeting.
ADVERTISEMENT
The officials insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose the highly sensitive information.
The intelligence that surfaced in early 2019 indicated Russian operatives had become more aggressive in their desire to contract with the Taliban and members of the Haqqani Network, a militant group aligned with the Taliban in Afghanistan and designated a foreign terrorist organization in 2012 during the Obama administration.
The National Security Council and the undersecretary of defense for intelligence did hold meetings regarding the intelligence. The Pentagon declined to comment and the NSC did not respond to questions about the meetings.
Concerns about Russian bounties flared anew this year after members of the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group, known to the public as SEAL Team Six, raided a Taliban outpost and recovered roughly $500,000 in U.S. currency. The funds bolstered the suspicions of the American intelligence community that the Russians had offered money to Taliban militants and other linked associations.
The White House contends the president was unaware of this development as well.
The officials told the AP that career government officials developed potential options for the White House to respond to the Russian aggression in Afghanistan, which was first reported by The New York Times. However, the Trump administration has yet to authorize any action.
The intelligence in 2019 and 2020 surrounding Russian bounties was derived in part from debriefings of captured Taliban militants. Officials with knowledge of the matter told the AP that Taliban operatives from opposite ends of the country and from separate tribes offered similar accounts.
The officials would not name the specific groups or give specific locations in Afghanistan or time frames for when they were detained.
Dmitry Peskov, a spokesman for Putin, denied that Russian intelligence officers had offered payments to the Taliban in exchange for targeting U.S. and coalition forces.
The U.S. is investigating whether any Americans died as a result of the Russian bounties. Officials are focused in particular on an April 2019 attack on an American convoy. Three U.S. Marines were killed after a car rigged with explosives detonated near their armored vehicles as they returned to Bagram Airfield, the largest U.S. military installation in Afghanistan.
The Marines exchanged gunfire with the vehicle at some point; however, it’s not known if the gunfire occurred before or after the car exploded.
Abdul Raqib Kohistani, the Bagram district police chief, said at the time that at least five Afghan civilians were wounded after the attack on the convoy, according to previous reporting by the AP. It is not known if the civilians were injured by the car bomb or the gunfire from U.S. Marines.
The Defense Department identified Marine Staff Sgt. Christopher Slutman, 43, of Newark, Delaware; Sgt. Benjamin Hines, 31, of York, Pennsylvania; and Cpl. Robert Hendriks, 25, of Locust Valley, New York, as the Marines killed in April 2019. The three Marines were all infantrymen assigned to 2nd Battalion, 25th Marines, a reserve infantry unit headquartered out of Garden City, New York.
Hendriks’ father told the AP that even a rumor of Russian bounties should have been immediately addressed.
“If this was kind of swept under the carpet as to not make it a bigger issue with Russia, and one ounce of blood was spilled when they knew this, I lost all respect for this administration and everything,” Erik Hendriks said.
Marine Maj. Roger Hollenbeck said at the time that the reserve unit was a part of the Georgia Deployment Program-Resolute Support Mission, a recurring six-month rotation between U.S. Marines and Georgian Armed Forces. The unit first deployed to Afghanistan in October 2018.
Three other service members and an Afghan contractor were also wounded in the attack. As of April 2019, the attack was under a separate investigation, unrelated to the Russian bounties, to determine how it unfolded.
The officials who spoke to the AP also said they were looking closely at insider attacks — sometimes called “green-on-blue” incidents — from 2019 to determine if they are also linked to Russian bounties.
___
Associated Press writers Zeke Miller and Deb Riechmann in Washington, Deepti Hajela in New York and Vladimir Isachenkov in Moscow contributed to this report.
Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Moderators: P O L L Y, Bulizky
- otsasuoni sykkii
- Melkein ####!

- Posts: 12068
- Joined: 09 Feb 2018, 11:21
- Location: mulkkulinnan ullakko
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Voi kunpa olisin kivi
- otsasuoni sykkii
- Melkein ####!

- Posts: 12068
- Joined: 09 Feb 2018, 11:21
- Location: mulkkulinnan ullakko
- Lana Ctrl-Alt-Del Rey
- Ricardo Hausmanniksikin kutsuttu
- Posts: 185212
- Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 20:04
- Location: Et in Arcadia Ego
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
CNN julkaisi suht häiritsevän, pitkän jutun jutun Trumpin viestinnästä maailman johtajien kanssa. Lukekaa koko juttu, uskomatonta kamaa:
osa 1
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/poli ... index.html
osa 1
[/spoiler]From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials
By Carl Bernstein, CNN
Updated 7:51 PM EDT, Mon June 29, 2020
(CNN) In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.Spoiler:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/29/poli ... index.html
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
hemmetin fasistiset merkkirajoitukset piti laittaa vielä osa 3
Spoiler:
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Oli kyllä hyvä toi CNN:n juttu. Mukavaa kun äijä saa ideakseen pirauttaa "kavereilleen" ilman sen suurempaa etukäteisvalmistelua...
Balanssit täysille!
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Semmonen tuli mieleen että kun Trump on potkinut aivan helvetisti porukkaa ympäriltään, niin onko mahdollista että tärkeää tietoa olis jäänyt "matkalle".
Eli siis asiantuntija/avustaja/välikäsi on saanut kenkää ennen kuin on päässyt toimittamaan tärkeää tietoa Trumpille.
Ilmeisesti kovin pitkät irtisanomisajat ei noissa hommissa ole, eli onko talosta lähdetty fuck it/I'm out/pitököön tunkkinsa meiningillä ja jotain keskeneräistä jää seuraajalle delegoimatta
Eli siis asiantuntija/avustaja/välikäsi on saanut kenkää ennen kuin on päässyt toimittamaan tärkeää tietoa Trumpille.
Ilmeisesti kovin pitkät irtisanomisajat ei noissa hommissa ole, eli onko talosta lähdetty fuck it/I'm out/pitököön tunkkinsa meiningillä ja jotain keskeneräistä jää seuraajalle delegoimatta
- Pöydällä nakki ja pullo vodkaa
- Matti Partanen

- Posts: 99271
- Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 23:07
- Location: kepun sisäinen kunniakoodi
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
^ noin 110% varmuudella näinkin on päässyt käymään
- otsasuoni sykkii
- Melkein ####!

- Posts: 12068
- Joined: 09 Feb 2018, 11:21
- Location: mulkkulinnan ullakko
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Leffaa pukkaa, Dinesh D'Souza: Trump card
Lara Trump on Eric Trumpin vaimo ja Trumpin kampanjatoimistolla duunissa saaden hommasta jotain 180k$.
Trumpin kampanjan kannanotto harmistuttavaan oikeuspäätökseen.
Lara Trump on Eric Trumpin vaimo ja Trumpin kampanjatoimistolla duunissa saaden hommasta jotain 180k$.
Trumpin kampanjan kannanotto harmistuttavaan oikeuspäätökseen.
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trum ... -decision#June 29, 2020
TRUMP CAMPAIGN STATEMENT ON SCOTUS ABORTION LAW DECISION
Press Releases
“Today’s Supreme Court ruling to strike down commonsense health regulations on the abortion industry and deny women the protection they need in times of crisis is disappointing to say the least. States should have the ability to regulate medical procedures, including abortions, to protect the health and safety of their citizens. Instead, five unelected Supreme Court Justices decided to insert their political agenda in place of democratically determined policies. This case underscores the importance of re-electing President Trump, who has a record of appointing conservative judges, rather than Joe Biden, who will appoint radical, activist judges who will legislate from the courts.”
- Ali Pardo, Trump 2020 Deputy Communications Director
Voi kunpa olisin kivi
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
eli kaikesta päätellen meni just niin että republikaaneja briiffattiin tästä afganistan keissistä eka, demokraatteja vasta sitten tänään
- Sasse netä
- Matti Partanen

- Posts: 70098
- Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 12:38
- Location: Kotiviinipöntöllä
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Nostan tän vaan tähän.Skinhead Weetabix wrote: ↑09 Nov 2016, 09:06Perustan tämmöisen tähän ja toivon topikkiin paljon jännittäviä käärmeitä.
![]()

Lempi piffaajani
2020: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11478
2021: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=623
2022: member list.php
- Jussin villapaita
- 6k
- Posts: 6656
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 20:11
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
The New York Times wrote:Trump Got Written Briefing in February on Possible Russian Bounties, Officials Say
American officials provided a written briefing in late February to President Trump laying out their conclusion that a Russian military intelligence unit offered and paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan, two officials familiar with the matter said.
...One of the officials said the item appeared in Mr. Trump’s brief in late February; the other cited Feb. 27, specifically.
- Jesse Python
- Matti Partanen

- Posts: 211229
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 07:43
Re: Täällä seurataan Trumpin presidenttikautta
Tää on kyllä taas oikein perusteluiden perustelu aborttioikeuden kieltämiselle:hitin tankkaaja wrote: ↑30 Jun 2020, 09:57
Trumpin kampanjan kannanotto harmistuttavaan oikeuspäätökseen.Spoiler:
States should have the ability to regulate medical procedures, including abortions, to protect the health and safety of their citizens.
